Haunted guest room??

Alyssa69
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Haunted guest room??

I’ve been doing Airbnb for five months now. We’ve been getting glowing reviews and everybody says they’re so relaxed in my guestroom. But this last guest left a week early and is convinced that the room is haunted. Do I wait for another guest tell me this? Do I disclose this on my room description? My boyfriend and I have both slept in this room and neither one of us have ever experienced any kind of paranormal activity. Not even any past guests over the five months have complained of any unusual noises. I don’t want to discount this girl’s concerns. She even refused a refund when I offered. I’m generally pretty sensitive to ghosts and have never experienced anything.

10 Replies 10
Tee9
Level 1
Fairbanks, AK

Just ignore her shes probably sick.  But you need to counter her experience by replying and saying thank you for her stay and maybe you vould reverse the situation by making sound like your delightful for having her as a guest and and you get a free Feng Shui then give her a smile icon if you can.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Perhaps it would be best not to make ANY mention of a ghost, anywhere and to anyone, at least till you meet it yourself. And if you do, be interesting to hear what it has to say.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

That's a good one, never seen that mentioned before. Forget it and don't give it another thought. Hosts can't be responsible for the myriad things that might populate a guest's mind.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Alyssa69 Could be a 'Poltergeist'-type thing. Emanating from the guest herself and nothing to do with you. Now, if it happens again, and maybe then again, that's different. Burning sage is a good start (aka do a 'house cleansing' - directions available on the internet or via your local neighborhood Shaman, Catholic Priest, or similar). 

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

In another thread hosts discussed weird behaviours of guests, @Alyssa69. The conclusion was: we're not psychiatrists.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Alyssa69

You could consider charging for this extra person/paranormal guest via the resolution centre.

Good idea @Alyssa69, and to be on the safe side, best to offer the ghost a 50% discount; as I hear it, it is not cool getting a ghost angry.

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

I'd promote the ghost story as an attraction / incentive for people to come and stay! Add some plastic spiders & cobwebs in the room, dim the lights, maybe paint some red blood on a wall, leave something in a cupboard which makes loud random noises, then sit back and enjoy the fun! 

Zahra28
Level 1
West Bromwich, United Kingdom

Hi. We visited a Airbnb and there was definitely a ghost. Strange walking sound and no one there. Baby falling from bed and ending in weird position on floor and finally my daughter mentioning a flying baby hovering on top of me during the dead of night. Two people heard the footsteps so I can't discount it as someone's nerve went off.. None of the previous reviews mentioned a host or bad joojoo. So I do believe not all people are sensitive or the spirits don't always bother with some people. He house was empty for a while and I do believe spirits like abandoned or solitary places. So we might have encontered a grumpy one. The second night nothing. We prayed and kept the kids always under supervisions. 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Well..some kind of paranormal activity always exists...somewhere on the earth.