Have any of your guests become friends?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Have any of your guests become friends?

Guests become friends.jpg

Hey there,

There’s many wonderful stories here on the CC about fantastic hosting experiences with great guests. With such developed rapport between the two parties, commonalities, interests and likes must inspire some great conversations.

Do you still speak to any of your old guests or hosts? Have you become friends or pen pals?

I’ve spoken to some of you about this before so I think some of your stories would be delightful to share with your fellow contributors.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

53 Replies 53
Lyn-And-Tedy0
Level 1
Mahone Bay, Canada

Yes, a couple from Manitoba moving to my part of Nova Scotia.  We have become great friends, alas they won’t need to stay with me after their 2x.  Fun!

Laurie346
Level 2
Holiday, FL

Absolutely , It is the very best part about hosting !! The variety of people we meet and the relationships we've built are the true reward for being a good host !! 

Kym6
Level 4
Auckland, New Zealand

The fact that I enjoy meeting new people from over the world and learning about the cultures, it is fantastic. I have only 2 people I have a great friendship with. One is a lady from Washington US we are friends on FB and we message once or twice a month. Another one is a gentleman who lives 3 hours away from us. He comes up for work and stays. We have become close friends We always leave a bottle of Red wine for him.

Helena373
Level 2
London, Canada

We have had 2 long term stay guests who have become friends. The first a mother & daughter from Mexico.  The daughter is a doctor doing part of her residency at our renowned University Hospital.  We are in regular e-mail communication.

The other was also a doctor from Saudi Arabi doing part of his residency.  The Friday before Mother's Day I was pleasantly  surprised with a FaceTime call from him and he had his 105 year old grandmother beside him who kept asking him "how is your Canadian Mother doing?" So he called to find out!

We've learned so much from our guests and now have invitations to visit them in Mexico, Saudi Arabi, Bangladesh and Shanghai. A couple of our guests even volunteered to post their reviews in both English and their first language 🙂 !

Cheers, Helena

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing and touching story, thanks for sharing @Helena373 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Ellie22
Level 2
Madison, GA

I had a message late one night, very apologetically asking to book immediately for an indeterminate period of time, starting with 10 days. I called the phone number she left and asked if she was ok. She was not, and tearfully explained a difficult personal situation. She stayed 3 weeks, shared our table, cried on my shoulder, asked advice, and was in a much better place when she moved on. She comes back often to share a glass of wine at the fire or for a doggie play date, and I'm so happy that our bnb was able to be a pleasant port in a storm.

Pam343
Level 2
Fort White, FL

Absolutely, some of our guests have now returned four years in a row that we have been hosting our "Glamping" units and we have received so many lovely and unique gifts from guests over the years.  We absolutely love getting to know those special guests that come around. 

Betsy15
Level 2
Lake George, NY

We are very good friends with one of our first guests. She lives and works in California, although she originally came from our state. She realized she missed our area, so returned the next year. On her third trip east, she saw a small house on our road that she liked. As she had to fly home, we offered to meet the realtor for her. We recommended the house, she ended up buying it - and is now an airbnb host. She is our daughter’s age, and they enjoy swimming, kayaking and walking together. We continue to have wonderful times together whenever she is in our area.  Betsy, Northern NY. 

Vishal17
Level 2
Dehradun, India

Yes sure out of the seventy five odd guests we have had so far atleast fifty out of these who are in regular touch with us. Many of them have visited us again and again. Infact some have become family friends. We are visiting one of our Airbnb friends at Thailand for two weeks very soon.

Jane382
Level 2
Brookings, OR

I have stayed in touch with some of my guests

Jeannie66
Level 2
Nashville, TN

We have made friends with several guests, but our favorites are a couple that came shortly after we moved into this property. They are in their 70's and travel around the country to music festivals. They sing and play folk music! We adore them. The've stayed with us 5 or 6 times and love Nashville so much that they just bought a home here from our son-in-law (a real estate broker). Now they will live a mile away!  Another chapter 🙂

Linda1490
Level 2
Belvedere Tiburon, CA

Two of my dearest friends I met on Airbnb. One from the U.K. and one from Maryland. I also had a guest who sent me a gorgeous book from France when he returned home. I’ve met incredible people on Airbnb! 

Nancy115
Level 5
Mills River, NC

We are still friends with our first host. She's there reason we decided to host. We're also friends with a few of our guests. It's lovely having repeat guests and catching up each time they visit.

We offer breakfast, specifically so we'll have the opportunity to sit down and chat with our guests. We've made many friends this way.

One guy, who came to see his son who goes to a college near us, asked if he could invite his son to join us at breakfast. Of course, we said yes. We liked the young man (as well as his father) so much that we've kind of adopted him as a grandson. Every couple of weeks, we invite him to dinner, and take him to a movie, or play board games with him. It's a mutually rewarding relationship.

Hi, am Lilian. Yes two of my guests have actually become my friends. One stayed for a month and she literally was like family so she stayed in touch on social media. Another one flew all the way to come to my church! I was so over joyed and she was asking for change so she could take a bus and I told her I go to the church and so went together we had so much fun and she has been a great friend ever since. I love hosting!