Have there recently been changes to the information given to guests upon booking?

Meg11
Level 1
Machynlleth, United Kingdom

Have there recently been changes to the information given to guests upon booking?

Hello all,

I've been hosting since August 2015 and it's going really well- lots and lots of happy guests.

But for the last couple of weeks people have been turning up who don't seem to have read the description, things to note, house rules, directions, check-in times, sometimes leaving me running around like mad to get things ready between guests who have paid no attention to information I have provided only because I consider it essential.

Has anybody else found this lately? Do you think there have been some changes to the information sent out upon booking?

Thank you so much!

Meg

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No...it's just some guests don't read a thing....we find if there is anything very important to you (eg check in or check out time) then make sure you reference in the initial email exchange when they are booking,  rather than assuming they have read it.

Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

What you are likely seeing is just a boost in inquiries because more guests are travelling...so they might seem more oblivious than usual but no, many really do not read the profiles and simply look at your pretty pictures. I have added this line when I am responding to an initial inquiry or reservation request: "If you have not yet had the opportunity, please do read the details of the listing and house rules. I am happy to answer any questions you might have about them."