Have you ever shared a meal with guests?‌‌

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Have you ever shared a meal with guests?‌‌

Liv_0-1615478013330.png

Hey everyone,

Sharing a meal is a lovely way of connecting with others. As I’m aware the CC is filled with food lovers such as myself, I was wondering if you have any cool stories to share about eating with guests. 🍕 🍷

Whether you offer a complimentary first day dinner or has had a guest introduce you to a mouthwatering local dish of theirs, it’d be great to hear about your experience sharing meals and recipes with travellers.

Have you ever shared a meal with your guests? Who did the cooking and what did you have? 

Thanks,

Liv 🍩

44 Replies 44
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Liv  I'm only posting this to torture @Nick.  This is from an album titled That Time My Guest and I Had a Lobster Roll:

bagaducelunch.jpeg

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greatly appreciated @Ann72 and happy Friday! 

@Liv the time will come when I will appear at Ann's doorstep as her next guest and she'll have plenty of meals, albums and stories to share in a relevant post in the future. I promise you 😄

I’m counting down the days, @Nick!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72 That looks delicious! 😍

Hopefully you and @Nick will be able to have your feast soon 🤞 

Are they onion rings @Ann72 ? They look too thin for calamari...

BTW: VERY Yum!

@Cathie19  Well spotted, yes, quite possibly the best onion rings of all time 🙂

Ugh! B”+#h! Lol....  (not really!) 💐

Just what I feel like..... 😭

😂😂😂

You know I want to get you over here @Cathie19 - I will stop at nothing!

I’m feeling a bit miffed! I was just getting into some painting that I need completed by this evening and I’ve just received a request to book for tomorrow...... if I accept, I will need to turn the space over. So much to do........ 

Take down the camper etc. clean make beds...

... stop painting......

But  I need the stay in the hope I get to have numbers  for retaining superhost across this non tourist season. 😭

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Back to the grind aye Cathie... I know how you feel. We had an essential worker stay but that was it. Having had this break its going to take effort to get back to it!!! @Cathie19 

Absolutely @Mary99.But we also had my daughter and her family coming today to assist with the removal of the huge berry and floriences from the palm trees, to stop the bats coming to eat and mess!  

It’s now  7.50pm and I’ve just finished the kitchen, having a coffee (my space) before I get towing again. It will be a midnight finish if I move fast..........

I hope @Airbnb  and @Catherine-Powell realise the pressure they put humble hosts under, who want to hold onto their SuperHost status. Not my fault we’ve had Covid19 and now in low LOW season! Oh and I work in my other job tomorrow!

Yep. Finished at midnight, showered now winding down in bed at 12.36am!!

Need to iron the pillowcases and place on beds, dress the beds, then everything done = so an early rise to do that before work..... 😩🙌🏼😴😴😴😴

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Liv I had planed to include healthy muffins. Its my own recipe, however with the pandemic I noticed guest wouldn't touch anything left in the fridge. I think in the future I would like to incorporate food, though, so hope that changes. I did have one long term guest who worked as a chef but she didn't like to cook at home so sometimes I would cook something if we were working on a project together. But for my short term guest so far have just had a beer after paddle boarding, although I did blabber on a lot about food. This is pic of the peach and blueberry muffins, I also sometimes put a few egg plants in there while the oven is on and make baba ganoush while I'm at it. In the future  it would be fun if guest wanted to have a small get together on a holiday in the summer and share a cook out in the yard. Once again, though, I haven't been to any get togethers in a year but maybe this summer.  muffins bbg.jpegbaba ganoosh.jpeg

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Wonderful @John5097 

Tell me where did you learn these skills? Much appreciated. You must be a self-help, self-servicing sort of guy. A bit of a star!!