Having Difficulty Leaving Reviews as a Host

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

Having Difficulty Leaving Reviews as a Host

I am very new to hosting, but I have had a few guests in the last few months and had no difficulty leaving reviews for them.  I had a repeat guest arrive last Wednesday for a family member who was in hospice care.  She booked for four days, decided to stay two more days and then booked for an additional 2 days after that.  She checked out yesterday and I now have 3 requests for reviews on the same person.  I have now attempted to leave reviews 3 separate times, hit the submit button at the bottom and it just disappears, and I'm left with Airbnb's 3 requests once again on my dashboard.  My guest has already left me a review, but of course I can't read it until I leave a review for them.  I am not happy that I have to leave 3 reviews for the same guest, but I'm more unhappy that my attempts are obviously not being posted.  Any advice?

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susan1404,

Was the total lenght of stay a matter of extension ? Than you only had to change the initial reservation (extending it) and then there was only 1 review requested.

If your reviews are submitted, they will be processed, but  can take some time.

Best regards,

Emiel

The guest booked each new stay like a new reservation.  I honestly did not know I could do an extension, but because their stay was so much of a day to day decision, depending on the hospice patient surviving, I let her handle it how she saw fit.  I do understand why there are 3 different requests for reviews, as it was because there were 3 separate bookings.  What puzzled me was why her review posted so quickly and none of my attempts have posted.  Is that typical?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan1404

Susan the system that triggers reviews is automated and responds only to new reservations. I and many others here have had the situation where we get to review the same guest multiple times. I have had one here who I have review three times but, the stays were not for consecutive days without a break in between, and that is what is confusing the situation here. The system is trying to analyse why the same guest is booked twice in the same twenty four hour period ....leaving and staying on the same day!

The system will not in itself be able to sort this out, and @Emiel1 has given you the procedure you should have adopted but, these things will come to you with experience!

You will need to contact customer supprt and they will have access to your account and be able to sort this out for you. Here is the US numbers for you. Give them a call and see  what they can do.......+1-415-800-5959.........+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

I hope this helps Susan!

Cheers......Rob

Thank you Robin.  That makes perfect sense and I will give them a call tomorrow and see what can be done.  I knew something was very strange since I was able to leave the other reviews with no issues.  Thanks for the explanation and yes, I will get thru this learning curve eventually.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susan1404,

A reservation can be changed by the host or by the guest. If it is extended, simply change the check-out date in the current reservation. It has to be confirmed by the other party.

- https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/50/i-m-a-host--how-do-i-make-a-change-to-a-confirmed-reservation

- https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/913/can-i-change-a-reservation-as-a-guest

All reviews you got and which you wrote (and are published) should be in your profile:

https://www.airbnb.nl/users/reviews

best regards,

Emiel

Hi Emiel - I see that the last review I wrote did get posted, so I am relieved.  Thanks for the links - I will read them and learn. 

Susan