Hello everyone. What are the benefits of being a super host.

Muneeb5
Level 1
New York, United States

Hello everyone. What are the benefits of being a super host.

Hello anyone here from Staten island 

8 Replies 8
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I don't know but it's an over rated badge to have next to your listing. People look at price and they look at reviews and your rating. If you have a 5.0 rating and a certain amount of reviews, nobody will notice if you're not a SuperHost.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Muneeb5 

There are no benefits really. The most important factor for renting successfully on airbnb is Your  position in search results. The superhost badge has no influence on Your positioning at all.

You can check that out Yourself by doing a search in Your area and see how many listings have a superhost badge in the top 50.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

For me, @Muneeb5, I like the $100 once-a-year reward (which I always use), faster (than normal) pick-up when I call (in normal circumstances), and the occasional freebie.

how do U know it's faster than normal pick up? 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Muneeb5 , I like the $100 travel voucher, too, and the quick customer service -- as above, in normal circumstances. 

As a guest, I do tend to choose superhosts if possible because I know they won't cancel on me -- again, in normal circumstances. Host cancellations are time-consuming disruptions to a trip. But other than that I don't care at all, and I think my own guests are mostly unaware of it. 

I lost the badge once years ago when I was tricked into that "guest wants you to cancel" thing, and it made absolutely no difference to bookings in that quarter.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Muneeb5 Another way of looking at it is that it encourages you to go the extra mile, keep the listing clean and treat guests well. Doing all these will definitely pay off over time. Equally one poor review will ruin it for a while so its important not to obsess about the Superhost rating.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Muneeb5 

There are three perceived benefits for being a Superhost. I do say perceived because we really don't know from one week to the next how Airbnb will interpret their own rules!

1/.......There is a search filter which say "Stay with a Superhost........."This is a reasonably important filter because guests who access that filter (and a high percentage do now) are only shown properties of Superhosts in that defined search area, giving a definite advantage to those hosts during a guest's search. Even without accessing that filter Superhosts listings are shown above rank and file hosts in a property search.

2/.......Depending on where you are in the world Superhosts have a rapid contact option with the company should they need it. When a superhost calls Airbnb, if they use the phone they have registered with Airbnb, the phone answering system will compare the incoming call number with any numbers on file, and if there is a Superhost match an electronic voice will say...."Welcome Superhost, someone will be with you shortly", and this pushes you to the head of the phone queue. Before this Covid outbreak I have never had to wait more than 2 minutes to be able to speak with a CX rep, (most times it will be within a matter of seconds) and when they answer my call, my profile is already on one of their screens and they will answer the call with a personal, "Hello Robin, thank you for calling Airbnb, how can I help you today?" It is that good Muneeb but, I do understand that this sort of contact-ability is not as good in more densely populated countries where there is more pressure on the local supplied phone number!

3/......Lastly every anniversary of a host achieving Superhost status, Airbnb automatically give the Superhost a $100 US credit coupon to use for travel or an experience. 

Having Superhost status is definitely a bonus, but it certainly isn't the end of the world if you lose it....and in a way it does put you under more pressure. The criteria to achieve Superhost are stricter than for non superhosts,

Cheers.......Rob

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Muneeb5 

The benefits are mainly for airbnb, keeping hosts on a short leash and jumping through hoops for an eighty dollars a year outlay is a proper good investment.