Hello everyone

Mark3502
Level 1
Brogden, NC

Hello everyone

I have a Guest already under reservation, I took another reservation for the following month and told that guest that the first guest showed interest in staying longer which was ok with the next guest, My problem is I can not extend the first reservation!@ Mark

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mark3502 

It is not clear to me:

You want to extend the first guest,  but you mention the second guest has booked allready those dates ?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It seems obvious that you can't extend the reservation because the calendar was already blocked by the second guest's reservation. And if you cancelled the second guest's reservation, one of the penalties for a host cancelling a booking is that the calendar will be blocked by Airbnb for the dates you cancelled so you can't rebook them.

@Mark3502

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Mark3502 Am I right in thinking the first guest has the one bed listing and the second will take the 2 ned listing as a 1 bed? If so I don't see a problem.

I do think that if you are serious about Airbnb then you need at least one picture of the spaces they will be renting and probably less of the chickens which, whilst nice, are not strictly relevant.

Also I see you have responded to a private comment on beds hence exposing a potential problem to future guests.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Canceling a reservation by the host blocks those dates for future reservations, and could factor into them delisting the account. The guest is less likely to make another reservation on Abb. You also mentioned something wrong with the beds. A complaint like that could result in delisting. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I was going to mention your review response about the beds also. When you write a response, never mention things that were said to you in private feedback, because you just call attention to a complaint that wasn't public and no one would know about otherwise. Only respond publicly to what was said in the public review. If you want to let the guest know that you're sorry she found the beds uncomfortable, you should do that in a private message.

@Mark3502