Hello!

Hello!

Hi my name is Faith. I know I’m not a host but I have a question. I am a junior in high school, a few of my friends and I want to do senior week in the mountains. The normal senior week is held at the beach but we do not want to go there because of all the drinking and parties. So we thought a fun relaxing trip before we all parted ways would be a trip to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. We have run into an issue though. We can not find a place that will rent to a group of 10, 18 year olds. We are very responsible and come from a small town and all attend a small Christian School. None of us drink or party and all we want to do is go to Dollywood and tour the area. My question is do any of y’all know someone who is in that are and is willing to rent to 18 year olds or are you someone who would be willing to rent? Thank you!! Hope you all have a blessed day! 

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Faith117 if you want to be a guest, I would suggest filling out your profile on Airbnb and getting it verified with ID. Right now, your profile is blank. Then, start looking at places in the area that you're interested in staying, filtering for properties that would fit your group size. Carefully read the descriptions and the rules to make sure they will work for you and you can comply. Then, when you have chosen a place, go ahead and contact the host. I think your message here is a great starting place: be honest about your group and what you're visiting for. Also tell the host why you specifically want to choose their property: don't just send the same generic message to every host. It may take a few attempts to find a host who is willing to host you. Many hosts are afraid to host larger groups, particularly of young people, due to the party potential, but perhaps you will find someone willing. 

Good luck, and I hope you have a good trip. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Faith117  Probably not.  Some areas the laws don't even allow for anyone under 21 to rent an Airbnb, and despite what the truth may be, a large group of high school students is going to be too many 'red flags' for most to want to host.  You might be better off to try and get a couple of hotel suites instead.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Faith117 ,

In within  @Alexandra316  and @Mark116  advice.

@Mark116 definely point out correctly, for your convenience and safety do look for Airbnb commercial hostels environment accommodation. 

It's will be more fun than home accommodation.

Enjoy your trip in the mountains, stay safe! 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

How does your group feel about camping, @Faith117 ? Sleeping bags, a couple of tents, some campfire-friendly food. That's what I would do in your shoes.