Hello

Joanna--JoJo-0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Hello

Hello

I have been renting a cottage for a client if mine, he has sold his cottage with not much notice to me and now I am having to cancel all of the July and August bookings. How do I do it to avoid loosing the super-host and penalties? 

thank you

JoJo

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Joanna--JoJo-0 

I noticed you are the co-host of the listing(s).

I suggest to let the host deal with it himself.

Joanna--JoJo-0
Level 1
United Kingdom

That one I manage myself, I am a co host for the other listings...

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Call Airbnb. They can probably cancel them without penalties.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Joanna--JoJo-0 

Did the cottage payout method is your account?

If not, the penalties are to your client.

I am afraid that you may unbadged the Superhost status by numerous cancelations.

You may need to contact Airbnb to assist you with the multiple cancelations and find a better solution in your case.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joanna--JoJo-0 Having let down what sounds like a significant number of guests I think you should suck it up and accept the penalties. Next time you host for someone I suggest you have a contractual period of letting agreed and then don't accept bookings outside this period.

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

Definitely check with Airbnb customer support to see what your options are. However, it appears that you will bear the burden of penalization in this case and will likely lose your Superhost status for a period of time (I believe a year). The main lesson here... you should consider placing a notice period in your property management contract to avoid this sort of issue with the property owner. Your contracts need to protect compensation of your services in obtaining all future guests and it needs to protect the reservations of your future guests.

Also, make sure to have these conversations up front with owners and make sure they're not planning to sell as soon after you sign any contracts. This seems like bump in the road but hopefully you'll have better luck with owners in the future!