Help! All My Dates Blocked without Notice, No Communication

Travers2
Level 2
Greenville, SC

Help! All My Dates Blocked without Notice, No Communication

On Thanksgiving Eve AirBnB blocked all my dates without telling me why. I actually had an opening Thanksgiving and hoped to book it. Customer Service would only tell me there was an investigation going on and promised me that that team would contact me. I've already lost an existing booking for next month because the guest wanted to add an (available) day and the system said it wasn't. Three days now and the only person I've been able to speak with was a CS supervisor, who was very nice, but told me the same thing: We'll tell your Case Manager to contact you. I can't find ay way to reach them. No calls, texts, email from them still. I'm dumbfounded, all my previous experiences with CS have been very proactive, communicative and helpful. This stonewalling is so disrespectful and frustrating -- ruined our holiday -- I'm planning to leave this platform after our current bookings are done. 

8 Replies 8
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Travers2 Your listing cannot be found on Airbnb. This is likely because a guest reported you and Airbnb is carrying out their "investigation." Is there anything that you can think of that happened within the last month or two that would cause a guest to report you?

Travers2
Level 2
Greenville, SC

Yes, the first CS rep said it was a complaint from our most recent guest. But he only stayed one night, the beds were untouched, and left early in the morning without messaging us any complaints or concerns. But I can't understand why the safety team won't even give us the courtesy of notification or any communication at all, even just to let us know what's going on.

@Travers2 They won't tell you . . I'm surprised they even told you which guest. It's absurd and if you're a time-long reader of this forum you will see it happens often. Airbnb scolds hosts, saying "don't do it again" but they won't tell you what exactly it was that you did. Many times it's something like a guest reporting a host because they think a nightlight is a camera. Other times it can be more serious if a guest thinks a host was discriminating in some way. You really may never know and it's so frustrating. 

Wow, I've never had an experience like this with them before! How long can this blocking go on? 

@Travers2 Most hosts who report on here seem to be back up and running within a few days. I hope that's true in your case.

See this post for some more on this issue

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Can-t-Trust-the-Trust-amp-Safety-Team/m-p/1232833#M29673...

@Colleen253 Thanks for the link. Oh dear.  In my fifth day being blocked, still no word.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Travers2,

I'm really sorry to hear about that situation.

I have checked on your case with the team and they've asked you to please get in touch with them again. As I don't have access to your account, support agents are the ones who are able to help with the issue.

I hope this helps and that things are sorted soon.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liv

Hi @Liv  thanks for your response but that link is for the UK Help Centre and I'm in the US. However I just learned from the very helpful customer service supervisor that Safety has concluded the investigation and their notes indicate they will not be contacting me. But, after six days, my account is back active at least.