Help! Bosses booking for staff...and not telling the host.

Deborah82
Level 10
Toodyay, Australia

Help! Bosses booking for staff...and not telling the host.

Hello my fellow hosts,

I’ve just had Annette and Cody lob to our Airbnb cottage for the night. At least I think that’s their names - they did introduce themselves but I was a little shocked.

You see I was expecting Ray and Karen. Because they booked. They also have stellar reviews - so I had no problem hosting them.

Annette and Cody?

Well, they’re nice enough people. But they’re not booked in.

Am I covered by Airbnb’s insurance policy if they total the place? (I can’t see them doing this to be honest).

Thing is, how do I stop this from happening? 

Also, I can’t just throw Annette and Cody out. I live in the bush, and it’s raining. 

Do I report Ray & Karen when I do the review? Because... you know, they’re not following the rules ffs. 

I feel like I’m being taken advantage of. When people book with me I know that me and mine are safe on our property (we share the same property as the cottage we have advertised on Airbnb), and that the people that are staying with me have had all the checks and balances done (that I want to have done) by Airbnb. 

In this situation, I’m aware that Ray & Karen know that they’re staff are safe staying with me, because they know that I meet all the requirements set by Airbnb.

Where is my safety? Okay Rant Over...for now. 

Looking forward to receiving your advice good people. Thank you in advance.

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

So this booking was NOT completed under the business travel registered trip planner, right @Deborah82?  Third party booking is allowed under that plan and is covered under the Air BNB platform.   If these guests plan to stay for awhile, you could contact Air BNB and request assistance in either relocating the guests or setting up a profile for them and re-booking.  

Hi @Linda0, Thank you for the interaction. I’ve never had a booking under the business travel/trip planner that I’m aware of. I’d know the difference correct?

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Lisa723 wrote:

https://www.airbnb.com/third-party-booking

Thank you Lisa. I have sent this to the people that placed the booking, and let them know it was available. As is Airbnb assistance if they require it or have any questions.

I dare say, that like me, they were completely unaware of it’s availability - at least, I hope that’s the case.

Deborah82
Level 10
Toodyay, Australia

I should have mentioned- the main reason I freaked out over this one, was because we have a lot of cats on the property. It’s clear in our advertisement and also the questions when booking. One of the ladies that turned up is allergic to cats.