Help! guest throwing a party!

Marissa160
Level 10
Dallas, TX

Help! guest throwing a party!

I need advice please! Had a guest with a reservation for 5 people. I have a 10 person max and no parties on my listing. My cleaning crew told me earlier in the day they thought way more than 10 people came to check in. I sent a reminder to the guest about the max number of people allowed in the home. A neighbor called at 11 pm tonight to say there is a huge party going on, with at least 30 people and they were going to call the police.  I talked to the guest and asked them to send people home and turn down the music or we would call the cops. Question for the community: would you ask them to leave in the morning? Or let them stay for one more night on the reservation in the hopes they will not trash the property? 

17 Replies 17

@Sarah977  Thank you for the advice! 

@Mark116 hi! Just wanted to update you that I did ask them to leave and they left pretty quickly. The house wasn’t too bad considering, but they definitely weren’t being honest and I’m glad I got them out. Thank you for your advice. 

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

This has happened to us before. When we received a complaint from neighbors, we went to the property with a camera recording everything. We then got the attention of every person in the property with a strong vocal voice and told everyone to leave or we are calling the police for violation of private property. Everyone cleared out and we didn't have to call the police. We were recording the entire interaction and everyone's faces were on camera, they knew they were in the wrong and left immediately. We then kicked the hosts out on the same day and told them to get a hotel. We then contacted Airbnb to let them know about the incident.