Help, something is happening with airbnb system

Babak5
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Help, something is happening with airbnb system

1.jpg2.jpgHello all, I am currently facing very strange and serious problem. As you can see there is a huge different on pricing between what I see in my calendar and what show actually in my listing advertisement. What should I do. I already contacted airbnb but noene answer mr. 

10 Replies 10
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Babak5 I can't read your pictures clearly, but I do know that I just had a confirmed reservation that came in with significantly different prices than I EVER have had listed. (much less of course)

The reservation is close enough to acceptable that I am allowing it to proceed but CS had absolutely NO CLUE why/how the rate had changed as dramatically as it had. I'm certainly keeping a very close eye on my calender at the moment

Babak5
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

During recent 3 days, Airbnb is facing huge technical problem as for many listing shows diffrent names as the actual owners of listing. I suspect that they are facing some kind of hacking and they do not aware it. I beleive my recent problem is part of this continus difficulty. Please be carefull for your calender and reservation.

@Babak5, I tried a booking for 7 nights and got $0 and it said the maximum booking was 6 nights. When I adjusted the dates to just 6 nights, it came in at an appropriate rate (about $290 I think).  Did you intend to have a maximum of 6 nights? also check what level of discount you are offering for longer stays (even if your maximum is 6)- it offered me a $-233 discount if I added one night, but since that took me to 7 nights the total price went back to zero!  Very odd, but check  your settings again. You might briefly snooze your listing, this seems to help reset these things sometimes (no one knows why). 

Babak5
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Dear Susie,

I chnaged in setting the maximum nights for staying to 6 night to make it impossible for anybody to reserve my listing for 7 night with 0$. Finally someone from Airbnb contacted me but he said they are working on it but they can not give any timefram for fixing! all of this happening is really frustratin for me.

Babak5
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

for anyone who can not see picture clearly, please check my listing in this link: 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21862489?location=Prague%2C%20Czech%20Republic&check_in=2017-12-16&chec...

It shows 0$ as nightly price which is obviously is not what I set in my calender and noone asnwer me with all means of contact I try so far.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Cmon, I can see your price at PLN 1, @Babak5. Turn off smart pricing if you are using it. I got a reservation earlier today but it seems to me that my pricing is alright, @Babak5 @Kelly149. So it looks like this glitch affects only some hosts.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Babak5
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

I already turned off smart pricing. 1 PLn is less than 1 USD (exactly 0.28 USD) and you can assume that I do not set this price myself. Do you know how can I solve it when airbnb staffs do not care about it?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Babak5,

Great to meet you, I am sorry to hear your frustation around your pricing. 

It sounds like it could be that the Custom Pricing is set as a 'Per night' rate rather than 'Per week' or 'Per month' rate.  If you go to your 'Length of stay' page and then try refreshing that page, the link to 'Custom Weekly and Monthly Prices' to check you settings here should appear. 

It would be great if you can take a look and update me on how you get on. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

(mentioning in @Susie5@Marzena4@Kelly149 for reference) 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Babak5
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Thank you so much Lizzie,

You brought a wonderful solution that even none of airbnb staffs were unable to find it. I check the section you mentioned and it solved!!! I do not know when that setting had been chnaged and when that happened. The important point is this problem has been solved. I think this community is more helpful than airbnb help section!!!

One more time thank you.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw this is fantastic to hear @Babak5. I am so glad it is all working for you again. 

I hope to speak with you again. 🙂

Happy hosting!

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.