Help with Change in reservation -- will it be billed monthly since it's over 28 days?

Help with Change in reservation -- will it be billed monthly since it's over 28 days?

I have a two-month reservation, for which I only billed one month by mistake. Airbnb spread the one month payment over the 2 months -- so I got paid a half a month!

If I now bill her for the 2nd month, will that also be spread out over the two months of reservation? 

The reservation already started, so it's too late to cancel & start over.

thanks,

Cynthia

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cynthia100  What do you mean you "billed her"? When a guest makes a reservation, they are charged by Airbnb whatever your rate is. If they make a 2 month reservation, the first month is sent soon after they check-in , and the second month's payment should appear when the second month starts.

I don't understand at all what you mean by you billed her for half a month by mistake. Was it that you sent her a Special Offer?

Yes, it was a special offer. But more importantly, per her request, I only requested 1 month rent, as she was worried that she'd have to pay for 2 months total up front. I didn't know for sure that airbnb would bill it out monthly.

**But I forgot to change the reservation to one month.** So one months rent was spread out (by airbnb) over the two months' stay. Thus, I got paid for 1/2 a month...

So my question...

I now sent her a change -- adding the additional month. However, she's now worried again that she'll get charged the whole thing. That's how it appears in her app when she has to "accept" it. I don't know...will that updated amt. get billed out monthly? 

@Sarah977 Thanks for your follow-up... just making sure you saw my replies. I know the initial payment is divided up according to month -- but is a "change in reservation" request also divided up that way? She wants 100% assurance of that. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Cynthia100  Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. Maybe some other hosts here will weigh in. Or you may have to contact Airbnb.

Thanks @Sarah977 . I've tried 3 different methods to contact AirBnb help -- and there is no response. Their customer service must be overwhelmed right now.