Help with a horrible quest

Karin-Margit0
Level 2
Stavanger, Norway

Help with a horrible quest

Hei. I just need a bit support. Its first time when i say something in Airbnb forum. I have hosted about 2000+ guests. One of the last ones was one of the worst (The worst one was one who wanted to kill another guest in the Christmas Eve and who ended up his night in the prison).

This time was a girl who wanted to punish me for beeing too good with her. Her name is [guest name]. She is violinist, lives in Germany (feel free to ask her full name). She came to my city to get a job in orchestra. We exchanged with her about 60 email, probably even more. She did not understand what means one house, two adresses, after my info about buses found she bus what went to another town, i found her mistake and she got help from me with that. She arrived last minute as much her „ job interview” was next morning. Anyway- her flight was cancelled and she had almost missed that first audition. As much i always try to help people then i helped her to change her plane tickets to be in here the same day as she planned. Everything went well and she managed to arrive in the middle of the night (between2-3 a clock in the night) It was ok for me. 🙂 Next morning woke i up for her early sms where she asked what time she can start playing her viola. That was ok for me. Even if she distrubed another 2 persons in the same flat who worked in the night understood i that she wants to get a jobb and sayed ok for her. Her first perfomance became also to the last one. She was not put into the next round. But anyway asked every day what time she can play the instrument in that small flat where she just rented one bedroom for 20 eur. She did not mentioned that she need to play any instrument before she arrived. As much we had another guest from Switzerland who wanted to get the same job then it was little bit difficult in the house when both wanted to play the same instrument the same time. But we managed.

[Guest name] (guest nr 1) did not get the jobb. She was frustrated. Was staying only in the house next days. One day before she had to leave asked she that what time she could play her instrument on Monday. I answered that on Monday will you leave and as much she still shared the flat with 2 people who worked in the hospidal in the night then i do not see any time when she can play her instrument on Monday. She got frustated again. She answered that she will move out from the bedroom 11 a clcok in the morning, but will stay in the kitchen until late eveing ( she had book her flight what left about midnight same time when we had check out 11 a clcok in the morning) . Here is our conversation.

Message from [guest name]

Ok so, tomorrow I could practice around 14h ?? Afternoon ?

Yes, Monday I will stay at the room until 11h and then I will cook some lunch and will stay with all my stuff in the kitchen �

Many thanks !

I even help her to get a room for playing in the concert house. Here is my message to her.

[Guest name], sorry, but you cannot stay in the kitchen after 11 a clock. Its small flat and 5 person there will be too much. You can leave your bags here and then come and pick them up in the evening but we need to have a key for next person who will arrive on Monday. Its probably one of the cheapest ( and same time privat) accomondatio in Stavanger. Your room costs even less than to sleep together with 11 men in the same room and the only hostel is about 4 km out from the centrum. So i really need to say sorry, but you cannot stay in the flat after 11 a clock on the Monday.

So she left after 11 a clock in the morning. After 2 weeks got i such a respond from her

Reviews From Guests

[Guest name]

No recommended

Thats it. I got one point for check in ( She arrived between 2-3 a clcok in the night what was ok for me)

the rest of her „points” are here.

Private feedback

This is just for you. It won’t appear on your listing or profile.

Didn’t like ! 😉

Cleanliness 1 (same people who were in the same flat counted it for 5)

Areas for improvement

Entire place

Accuracy 1 ( she got actually better rom she payed for)

Check-in 1 (to come between 2-3 a clock in the night is worth 1 point for sure)

Communication 1 ( no commens 😉

Location 1 ( 7 min to go to city centrum, no commens)

Value 1 ( no commens)

So finally is here my question for you, people from Airbnb community- What would you do with her, violinist from Germany, [guest name], who is angry by me that i did not allw her to stay in the flat for free 12 hours after our check out time. What would you do? Just need to say that as much i do not like to say something bad about my guest then i did not write any review about her.

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

11 Replies 11
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Karin-Margit0 Really sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with a guest and you got a negative review to boot.

Unfortunately, there likely isn't much you can do about this guest now that they're gone and the review window has closed. If you have a bad experience with a guest, I would urge you to take the opportunity to review them so that other hosts are warned. I get not wanting to speak ill of your guests, but you are doing a disservice to your fellow hosts by keeping quiet.

I do have one suggestion regarding your listing: if you're much cheaper than your competition, perhaps consider raising your prices. Cheap pricing can attract the wrong type of guest, and if the only place that's close to your price is a 12-bunk hostel, you may find that raising your price a bit improves guest quality.

Thanks, Alexandra, we did totally renovating that flat special to the tourists who are going to hiking to one of the most famous tourist attraction in Norway, Preikestolen. Bedrooms are not big ones ([Guest] got a biggest one even if she payed for the cheapest one) , but its possible to lock the room and be in private. Sharing kitchen and 3 bathrooms between 5 guests. Most of our visitors are young people, many students who has not so much money to pay for accomondation. I try to be here for them and help as much i can. To rise the price will be unfortunately not solution for me. Have hosted for sure more than 2000 visitors during last 3-4 years and 99% of them has been nice ones.  So i think we will keep going with the same price as we had. Come to visit us! 

@Karin-Margit0 I would love to! I work with a company that has an office in Norway so I've made some friends there: it looks gorgeous.

I find the bad guests to be disheartening also, but you're right: most guests are great.

🙂 perhaps next summer then, thx for good words!  

Marie21
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Karin-Margit0 sorry to hear that, for me it is never too late, if i was u i will add all the conversation and proof u had with ur guest before, during and after ur trip and call ABB to explain the situation and send them the whole discussion. This is not a review this is personal, she fail her audition, and now because u refuse late check out , she want to harm ur business. Me personally i will fight with ABB to have it remove because this is not a review this is pure difamation and lies. Dont give up, i was lucky lately with CS assisting me in different occasion and i believe ABB CS is improving slowly but surely. Give it a try 

I agree with @Marie21 you should try to get it removed, you have nothing to lose. I hope you left her an honest review

Branka, i do not like to write bad comments. As much i had nothing good to say about her then did not leave any review about her. Airbnbn denie to remove [guest name]'s comment. 

Thx, Marie. I have spoke with Airbnb twise today. They said that cannot remove her comment. I do not care about her comment so much actually but i feel that what [guest name] did for me is unfair and bad done. i have hundreds of commens and 99% are good ones.  I said to Airbnb that if they will not remove her comment then will i remove myself from Airbnb. Will see what will they say tomorrow. Thx for your support. 

@Karin-Margit0, Karin dont punish urself and many students or others visitors who enjoyed staying at your apartment. I have been many time in Svavanger  and Norway in the past, Norway is so expensive as country they should be thankfull to have you as host with such affordable aparts. As Branka and Silvia added, write a note at the bottom of this lady nasty comment and try to move on if ABB does not give u a satisfactory result. But never give up for 1 guest.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

At least write your answer to her comment, something clear and short like : " Sadly, Ruth gave me this retaliation review because I could not meet one of her many special requests"

Diane509
Level 3
Bridlington, United Kingdom

We had similar this week with a bad guest and back feedback (mutually exchanged).  Your guest's bad feedback will soon go down your page and other potential guests will read it and pass it by.  Your answer to her feedback is good.  I wouldn't worry - she's not going to stop people staying with you.