Help with relocating guest to another property

Valerie945
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Help with relocating guest to another property

Hi, I am trying to help my guest look for a studio/ 1-bedroom within KL city centre - a condo which comes with gym facilities which are open for use.

Due to COVID, my condo's management office have closed the gym since end August 2020. They intend to keep it closed until the Government/ Health Ministry announce that it is safe to re-open the gym. I can't change the condo management's decision so it will be quite unfortunate for my guest to stay on and be unhappy about this.

Would like to connect my guest with other hosts who have listings in KL and available gym facilities. Thank you!

Val
3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What are the regulations in your area? Are gyms allowed to open? @Valerie945 

If so, maybe they can get a gym pass for a local gym.

If they want to find alternative accommodation which has an on-site gym I would suggest you advise the guest to contact Airbnb to help them find something. 

Valerie945
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Helen, thank you for your advice! Yes, I'll suggest that to my guest.

The Government allowed gym operators to reopen provided they put SOPs in place (e.g. social distancing, sanitizing, etc.). According to my guest, some condos in the vicinity have followed suit and reopened the gyms. However, my condo's management office is concerned about the risks and prefers to keep it closed.

Val
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ah okay in which case, your role is just to agree to cancel penalty free if that is what they want if they are saying an onsite gym is essential for their stay. 

After that it's up to them to work with Airbnb to see if they can find a suitable alternative.