Here it is! Your next Airbnb investment.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Here it is! Your next Airbnb investment.

https://www.redfin.com/MD/Brooklyn-Park/228-Townsend-Ave-21225/home/10392075?utm_source=android_shar...

I would ask for all the decor with the sale, save the football jerseys.  Perfect to appeal to the Goth traveler, fetish tourists, Halloween stays or those who dislike color of any kind. 

Definitely a candidate for a "unique stay."

30 Replies 30
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do you think they like black @Laura2592  😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

It makes me feel like I am colorblind looking at it @Helen3 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Laura2592 Haha, no thanks!

@Emilia42 I have to give them credit-- they really went for it. That spiderweb railing isn't a typical buy at Home Depot. There was some serious thought put into this. 

I have a friend who LOVES this and is actually touring it. She lives in Baltimore. Different strokes...

@Laura2592 There are like 9 places to watch TV, in a one-bedroom house! I just don't get it, what does the black death look have to do with football?

Other than feeling like I want to die when being made to sit through an entire football game.

@Emilia42 yeah the football thing is really puzzling. Not your typical Goth pastime for sure.  But they may be into BDSM torture scenarios? From the look of the extra posts added to the bed I am thinking that is likely. I can think of no better torture than sitting through an American football game. So maybe from that angle. 

Two of the players, at least, have passed on. Stabler #12 and Tatum #32.   I'm not sure about Brown #81.

And before you think I somehow know a lot about deceased football players, I just googled those jersey numbers. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

My word. How NOT to stage your house 101. So much wrong. That crypt, and the headstone!  😱 The basement looks like a torture chamber. It’s possible serial killings took place there. 😱😱😱

@Colleen253 its gone viral here. Thousands of views, dozens of tours lined up. Who knows if that will translate to a sale. There is a lid for every pot!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

A perfect mausoleum, for those into macabre.

@Fred13  from a news article on this property:

"Christening the home's aesthetic as "sexy funeral goth," Slate reports that the Townsend Ave. home is represented by Matt Godbey, a Re/Max broker in the area. In fact, Gobey said there been about 25 mannequins in the basement before he urged the seller to clear it out to speed up the sale. 

"You should have seen it before," Godbey said of how the space was styled before he came in. "[The owner] somewhat neutralized it. I told him: I’ve been doing this for 33 years, and I know what sells. Some of the things in there, I told him, will frighten people."

Dont' go too far, here another 'beauty' in Baltimore:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/real-estate/bs-bz-goth-house-20210329-seybhhhr4zf67mmko6hs7bep...

I could just imagine this on Airbnb.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

And there it sits, in the midst of what looks like a perfectly normal suburban neighborhood- who would suspect? Just like a David Lynch movie.

@Sarah977  its owned by a 54 year old basement waterproofer who is moving in with his fiancee. Next time I have my basement waterproofed, I am going to have to pay more attention to who is doing it. I am likely missing out on some interesting conversational opportunities!