Hi, I am Janine, an Airbnb host in rural Oregon.

Janine2
Level 1
Rhododendron, OR

Hi, I am Janine, an Airbnb host in rural Oregon.

We will list our home for sale this Spring. We hope the new buyer will be a host too. We still take bookings since we do not know when the house will sell.  How can we handle this transition with integrity?

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

I applaud your concerns for your guests.  The first thing I would do is to make the availability for reservations limited to 3 months in the future.  Right now your calendar shows availablity many months out which could interfere with a potential sale. Normally there is an escrow period on real estate sales, so if you enter a contract to sell, block your calendar for that escrow period, or after the sale date, which ever you are comfortable with. 

Host cancellations are really tough on guests since they make plans such as flights, etc. for which they do not get reimbursed.  You'll really have to be on top of your calendar to know when you can realistically accept guests.  I noticed 2 days blocked in July.  Is that a reservation or did you block those days for the 4th of July? If it is a reservation, I would be concerned. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks Clare. Will contact the July guest.