Hi. I have a situation here and I need some guidance. A guest has contacted me to tell me that she

Craig22
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

Hi. I have a situation here and I need some guidance. A guest has contacted me to tell me that she

Hi.
I have a situation here and I need some guidance.  A guest has contacted me to tell me that she won't be able to appear for her reservation in two weeks, but she needs to come here sometime later.  She doesn't want to cancel, because of the penalties; she wants to move the reservation further out into the year.  Trouble is, right now I cannot accommodate her for the dates she wants in the future -- dates are already booked.

I've asked her to accelerate her decision-making, but I may be forced to cancel her res, rather than the other way around -- otherwise she's liable to procrastinate and leave me with a considerable block of nights and no time to rent them.  So, the questions:

1.  Do I still have a free cancellation, or did the confused mishmash of cancellation/alteration we went through with a different guest last week use up my freebie?

2.  If I have to cancel her, will you block those dates, or does all this count as "extenuating circumstances"?

I guess that's all...thanks.

Craig

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Do not under any circumstances be the one to cancel the reservation - you will be 3 penalised, etc.

Its up to her to find dates in your diary that suit her - pass the task back to her.

If she has extenuating cirlcumstances then she can contact AirBnB so that she does not get penalised.\

Again - keep your finger away from the Cancel button!!!

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just to clarify, this is a community site with members like yourself, Airbnb do not manage this site or read the messages, The first person references in your message would suggest you might be under the impression you are liaising with Airbnb on here; if that is not the case, then I apologise for my misunderstanding.

Ama

Michael247
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Don't cancel her!  Let her figure it out.  Depending on your cancellation policy which is either moderate or strict.  Your still going to get paid for it if she doesn't cancel with in five days of the reservation.  

BUT again - do not cancel it let her do the work!

Bruno31
Level 2
Marbella, Spain

If she wants to cancel, she is the one who has to click to do it