Hide Identifying Information In A Review?

Hide Identifying Information In A Review?

I recently had a guest leave me a review that contained enough info to identify my exact address down to the T.  The review itself was very positive and I believe the rating was a full 5.  I was a little concerned that strangers might be able to find me based on the info in the review (I live at the home that I occasionally rent out) so I reached out to support to ask them if they could blank out certain words in the review text that would allow people to identify my location - kind of like how the chat system will replace a phone number or e-mail with something like <phone number removed by AirBnb>.  

The rep that worked my case didn't really send me a reply, but instead removed the review all together from my listing.  I contacted support back and asked whether they could just blank out the identifying words instead.  They responded they couldn't.  Not wanting to show this much detail about where I live on the listing, I asked if I could keep the rating (I am pretty sure it was a 5 since after they took out the review I went from a mid 4.9 to a high 4.8) and have only the text removed.  Again, support said no.

Has anyone had a similar issue before and was able to have certain identifying words in the review blanked out?  Or at the very least, kept the rating but not the review text itself on the listing?  My guest was trying to be genuinely nice, but safety does come above everything else and I'd rather not have a review telling strangers exactly where I live.  I've thought about contacting my guest to ask if she could edit her review, but from what I understand, she wouldn't have that ability either.

0 Replies 0