Hilarious! I just wanted to share this absolutely hilarious message from a guest.

Deb18
Level 3
Santa Fe, NM

Hilarious! I just wanted to share this absolutely hilarious message from a guest.

Super hosts - I got the following message from a guest after I sent her note telling her I popped into the accommodations to freshen the flowers.  Wow.  You just can't win with some of them, right?  So hiliarious:

"I did love the pink alstromeria and I was just about to remark on them to my son and his girlfriend when I noticed they'd been changed! And I'm not much of a yellow person so I'd take the pinks back if you still have them~ I used to be a flower grower and vendor and have a pretty defined color scheme I prefer~ but I can live with the yellow ones. Thanks for letting me know you'd been in while I was out."

48 Replies 48

Wow, now that is funny!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

OMG!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Wait. You did tell her that you were going to enter before you went over right?

cause, yes, her message is weird, but just popping in to a guest’s space unannounced isn’t ok (IMO)

Yes of course I told her I was going to pop in - as I mentioned in my original post.  

@Deb18 Yes, she sounds rather special.

Deb18
Level 3
Santa Fe, NM

Ah yes I see that I didn't make that point clear, Kelly.  I gave her a heads up that I was going in to put in new flowers.  Then did so, and then sent her a note telling her that. But, the main point of this post was to point out how hilarious her message was.  I mean really, she didn't like the color of the flowers?  It's just crazy and funny.  

One of the best pieces of advice I read on airbnb community was keep it simple as people will always find something to complain about.

I see the funny side @Deb18 , but like @Kelly, I read the paragraph differently - with the guest also being sarcastic that you had “let her know of your visit”. English is an interesting language....... 😁😁😁

But the polite note/ response from the deeply informed guest, has left me wanting to know more! What were the yellow flowers? Lol...  🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌸🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Deb18  I'd have preferred the pink ones too... I like pink 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ben551@Deb18   Me too- I don't like yellow either. But I certainly wouldn't have had the balls to complain about them or ask the host to bring back the pink ones.

Now, see, I would prefer the yellow ones.  @Deb18 ,  did you ask the guest directly what kind of flowers they would like? Because if that's the case, I would really love 2 dozen long-stem yellow roses. 🙂 

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Deb18 Oh how can anyone not love yellow flowers!  I am sitting at my kitchen table looking at a jug of beautiful daffodils that I put there yesterday and  pretty soon all the parks and commons in London will be a riot of yellow as they come  into bloom.  Best time of the year in my mind.  

What a po faced, ungrateful guest she is.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Deb18

who wouldn't love her? :)))

we have some greenery in the pot with soil... no colors, just green. Nobody complained about green, but it doesn't mean nobody will 🙂

PS

my guests managed to kill all plants with window blinds pulled down and A/C running at full blast 24/7 the whole summer. I think I'll switch to plastic 😛

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Alice491  @Rachel0  @Sarah977  it was a comical response from @Deb18  guests:) 

However, in my listing I do let the guests know in my description and at check in that we will not go into the cottage during their stay. ( I have 1 to 3 night bookings no long terms) , I go by the theory that "if it can go wrong it will go wrong" for example guests claiming thereafter that items are missing:(

The cabin:
The cabin is clean, it has heat and electricity, beds and linen, we will not go into your cabin during your stay.

Rubén