Hiring An AirBnB Photographer

Romano6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

Hiring An AirBnB Photographer

AirBnB states, "After the shoot, your photographer will edit and upload your photos, and they’ll be reviewed by our team of editors to make sure everything looks just right. We’ll notify you as soon as your photos are live on your listing."

1.) Will I have control of the order and adding captions?

2.) Will my existing photos remain untouched?

3.) Can I use the photos on any other booking site?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Romano6 assuming this is not for a Plus listing, where you would have less control...

1) Yes.

2) Unless something has changed since I did this, yes..

3) No.

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Hi @Romano6 

I'm not absolutely sure as policies keep changing but my understanding is this..

airbnb retains the copyright and you cannot copy the photos and use on other lisitngs.

You dont' have much creative control over the order and I'm pretty sure you cant' edit

I'm not certain but I was under the impression that your own previous photos would go.

RE captions - I'm not sure, but under the new listing format, captions will no longer automatically show - you have to click to read them.

I am going to tag @Inna22 as I know she has experience ( not positive) with airbnb photographers adn photos.  I have none

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

Current answers are depending on photographer and usually

No, NO, NO

@Lynette57 Where are you getting that information? It definitely doesn't depend on the photographer. I have Airbnb photos on one of my listings and did not lose my previous photos, nor the ability to reorder, caption, and delete them all.

Again, assuming we are not talking about Plus here.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Romano6 to answer your questions, when I was having the photo shoot

1. I could change order, delete pictures and add caption. I was just adding captions to some of my pictures the other day, so that feature is there

2. Yes, you pictures are there, you can keep them or delete them or mix and match

3. You are not supposed to however airbnb has instructions on how you can save pictures. It is intended to be for airbnb use only. For example, you have a listing for whole house and only some of the rooms. You should be able to download the pictures of the whole house and use the applicable ones for the rooms only. I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for using them on other sites but you are not supposed to. So that one is for you to decide.

My shoot was about a year ago and a disaster but for other reasons

@Rowena29 great memory! Thank you for tagging me

As a photographer myself, I would strongly encourage that you do not download/copy the photos and put them up somewhere else.

Airbnb might not have anyone (or a program/software) looking for duplicate files on the internet, but copyright infringement is not a road that I want to go anywhere near, especially with big companies. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble, but I wouldn't risk taking that chance.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Romano6,

Nice to meet you. 

The good news is I know someone in the Photography Team, but it's actually not needed as @Inna22 gave you a great answer and even better as it's from personal experience. 🙂

1. Yes, they can control the order and captions

2. Yes, existing photos remain untouched

3. No, these images are only for use on Airbnb and for personal use only

Have you already had your photos taken? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.