Home Owner Asociation

Home Owner Asociation

Hello

I had a reservation with a guest, who is a long term Airbnb hosts and knows rules inside out. As you know many buildings do not allow Airbnb, our building allows it but for 30 days rentals. Every guest I had - I registered as my own personal guest (management is pretty strict and I have to register anybody who walks through the door). Instead of 2 people I had 4 show up on the day, whom I added to the reservation (to keep the guest happy) and politely asked if they could not mention Airbnb, just that they are guests. After few days in the apartment, major flooding, the guests decide to check out and on the way out, to get their refund - report me to the management, who asks them to leave. Not only they caused a lot of damage but have put me in a very difficult situation. Airbnb did not suport me on the matter and issued them a refund. I am very disapointed to say the least as we all know that Airbnb started in San Franciso, where short term rentals were not allowed until 2015. Airbnb is supposedly all about a community and support and to have them throw me after the bus is unfair. What do you all think?

0 Replies 0