Honesty vs appreciation when writing a review

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Honesty vs appreciation when writing a review

I found a guest's Fitbit at the house and offered to ship it to her for free. Soon after that text exchange was done, I got a three star feedback from her. There was no indication of anything being wrong during stay, I checked in with her just like I do with everyone. All of her complaints were about things covered in the description that she obviously never read. However, let's imagine for a moment that she was correct and I misrepresented the property. Does a guest owe it to the world an honest description of experience or if the host went above and beyond, it "buys" the host more stars or silence? I would love your thoughts on this

4 Replies 4
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Inna22, some people are never satisfied are they? It almost seems as if the people you go out of the way for are those who leave the most negative reviews. When I'm a guest, I tend to focus on what the host did, rather than what they didn't do (not that you 'didn't do' anything). I guess just some people are 'glass half full' while others are 'glass half empty'!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  Goodness, you do get some doozies, poor girl. Have you already sent back her Fitbit? If not, I'd message her to say she'll need to pay the shipping if she wants it back and next time she should read the listing info before complaining about what she booked in public.

@Sarah977 

I think I just take too many things personally, I should just learn to let It go. But yes, great minds (you and I) think alike, that is exactly what I told her!

That will teach her to complain!