Host Advisory Board Spotlight: Bez

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Host Advisory Board Spotlight: Bez

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to share our next spotlight from the Host Advisory Board: this month we’re talking to @Bez8. Bez has already become a key member of our EN Community, and as part of his Spotlight he has the pleasure of announcing the recipients of Airbnb’s Community Fund for this year.

Have a read of the Resource Center article to find out the three areas that the HAB chose to focus on, and to see which organisations were voted to receive the funds.

Which organisations stood out to you? Are there any local causes that you would like to be considered next year?

Many thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

4 Replies 4
Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

Bez8_0-1623688795935.jpeg

My hosting journey -  belong anywhere

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to take the time to introduce myself and shed a bit of light on how I started my hosting journey. 

Life is about change and the unexpected. I firmly believe that the core of every change is embedded deep within you just waiting to come out. When I look back now, it's obvious that hosting has always been a part of me. 

My family immigrated from Iran to Canada when I was 5 years old in search of a better life for me and my sister. It was just us and I always felt alone, disconnected and wanting to belong. 

I soon found that I felt at home when I was traveling and exploring our beautiful planet. I loved learning from different cultures and found a common theme. Kindness and love are universal. 

My first hosting experience was on couchsurfing (a free traveling hosting website) while living in Mexico. I had a big house in Mexico and opened it up to travellers from all over the world. I made so many friends from all over the globe. This experience further validated my belief in trusting a total stranger on the common basis of mutual respect. 

I started hosting on Airbnb in 2017 shortly after I met my wife. We are two humans who love music, travelling and people.  We love being creative and exploring new ways to connect and share experiences.  We also love animals and being in nature. We are in love with life, and in love with building a life together. We love moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life. Hosting has allowed us to connect with so many amazing people from all walks of life. It's our mission to create an experience that promotes belonging and inclusion. We are lucky to call Vancouver, BC home. A hidden gem in the pacific northwest where the ocean meets mountains. 

I treat our guests as if we were estranged friends. My hosting style is connecting through kindness and love. The guest experience is such an important part of hosting. Being able to positively impact a guest's experience is my favourite part of hosting. Throughout the years we've had some incredible guests and have made life long friends. My love for Airbnb comes from providing a platform that allows me to fully express who I am as a person. Hosting makes me feel connected and reaffirms my belief in the human spirit. 

Thanks,

Bez

Pam5
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Malindi, Kenya

Thank you Bez for sharing your hosting journey with us. It is true "Life is about change and the unexpected" and we need to embrace and be present every single second.

You are an inspiration keep up the good work.

PamG
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Bez8 , your story of Airbnb hosting sounds like, enjoy life and that you seem to spread joy and possibly give a lot to others. 

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

@Laurelle3 @Pam5 

Thank you so much.