Host Blog

Jill862
Level 2
California, United States

Host Blog

Hello, I'm new here. Just started an AirBnB with our cottage we built for my parents on our ranch, and it has been so exciting! I decided to create a website for our place, and on it I have pictures, reviews, things to do in our area, restaurant recommendations, a password protected "guest" tab where guests can find a map with directions, the house manual, house rules, etc. 

Along with this, I started a once a week blog where I am giving background information on my place, and interviewing local businesses and attractions to introduce my potential guests to the area. Today I'll be interviewing a former #18 in the world in tennis, who started a Hiking/Biking business in our local town with her husband. She has offered my guests the opportunity to take private tennis lessons on our tennis court, which is so amazing! She's wonderful!

Anyway, I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else is doing this. Excited to build this business and see what happens.

-Jill

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would say there are quite a few hosts who have their own blogs, social media and websites to promote their listing @Jill862 

Good luck with yours.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jill862 ,

If you ever fancy sharing those stories with your fellow hosts here, we would love to hear about it!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines