Host Home Trade for Vacation should be not just Allowed but Supported by AirBnB - Here's Why & How

Carolyn16
Level 3
Groveland, CA

Host Home Trade for Vacation should be not just Allowed but Supported by AirBnB - Here's Why & How

AirBnB Hosts deserve a vacation too, we work hard and our work makes money for AirBnB.

AirBnB Hosts should be able to use the AirBnB system to trade homes for vacation purposes. 

AirBnB could make money from providing this service by charging a nominal transaction fee for Host Trades that are agreed upon. 

AirBnB could add add a field for "HOST trade Yes/No" to their listing details, and a way for HOSTS ONLY to search by this info.

AirBnB could give Hosts a way to contact each other outside of the Inquiry/Booking system, so reply/timliness stats are not affected. 

AirBnB could remove the block on putting email or phone info into message, when the message is between 2 Hosts.

AirBnb could still block advertising type messages, or just give Hosts a way to block other Hosts who spam them with sales info.

AirBnB Hosts deserve more support, we work hard and our work makes money for AirBnB. 

24 Replies 24
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

There are many websites where you can trade homes.

I've done it over 30 times and homeexchange (dot) com is my favorite

Agreed 100%

Janice79
Level 2
Houston, TX

I am interested to trade home in US or Europe.  I have a 4 bedroom 2.5 bathroom home at south lake tahoe very close to the slope.  Please let me know if any interest.  Thanks

I have a small one bedroom one bathroom in Kona if you are interested, I would love to see Lake Tahoe.

benson2235 (at) comcast (dot) net

Crystal27
Level 2
Summerfield, NC

Hi,  I am interested in trade.  Somewhere within 3 hours of my airbnb near Greensboro, NC.  The Studio House Cottage in Summerfield, NC.  I take a trip quarterly to create new work.  Looking for good natural lighting, inspirational space.  I drop cloth and protect everything well. Offering a little original created during my stay complimentary as part of the trade as well.  Approximately 3-4 days is optimum.   This is part of my latest series taken on the beach.  IMG-6024.jpg My last place was at Surfside Beach, SC. with a lovely view of the water. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you use one of the many host/house swap sites on social media or online @Crystal27 ? 

Thanks.  I just started looking at this option.  I will do a search and see what I can find.  Thank you for responding.

Stacey372
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Does anyone have a beach condo in New Smyrna Beach, FL?  I'm looking to do a trade in Orlando, FL near the parks.

I have a 4 bedroom home 1 block from the ocean, in St Augustine, Anastasia Island

Luki10
Level 2
Dade City, FL

Hello!

I have a 4 bedroom home, 1 block from the ocean, in St Augustine, Anastasia Island.

Interested in Orlando, near parks, boat homes, and well designed tiny homes/tree houses.