Host Payments: Amount Was Different From Expected - A Community Help Guide

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Host Payments: Amount Was Different From Expected - A Community Help Guide

There seem to be alot of questions about pricing fluctuations on listings.  There main factors that drive this are fees, discounts and currency fluctuations. 

If your noticed that you didn't make what you thought you should have or were charged differently be sure to check your pricing settings there are a number of posts in the community help guide that already discuss this and I put links to the specific posts below. Most likely if you see large changes (More than 1 or 2 USD/GPB/EUR/etc.. 

If the change is small its likely due to currency conversions.  Remeber, that Airbnb does all business now in USD even if paid for and paid out in local currency (GPB, EUR, JPY or whatever).  From what I understand the fees are also calculated in USD so the amount is converted the fee calcualted and then converted back.

Here is an example (see table below).  If the booking was done in the UK at current rates the fee woudl be 5 but if paid in Euro Zone or in Japan it woudl be 4.  However if the dollar changed just a bit more the UK rate woudl be 4 and the Euro woudl be 5. 

snip_20160920131020.png

Change Price, Number of Guests, Check-in/out Dates by Dave & Deb

Charging Extra Fees for Services by Dave & Deb 

Change Cancellation Policy and Check-in/out Times by Dave & Deb

Extra Guest Fee by Dave & Deb 

How Much Does A Guest Pay by Dave & Deb

Payments: How Do They Work by Dave & Deb 

Setting A Discount For Weekly/Monthly or Custom Weeks/Months by Dave & Deb

Setting a Different Minimum Number of Nights for Different Times of the Year by Andrew (New)

Setting Price on Calendar for Single or Set of Days by Dave & Deb

Weekend Pricing by Dave & Deb 

Wrong Price Showing for my Listing by Dave & Deb

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
9 Replies 9
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Oh Dave, you are very thorough. Well done. But where's my euro?

lol

@Sandra126 Dave? Your Euro is "Lost in Translation"  or in this case "Lost in Conversion" 

I've had 2 bookings so far....booth should have been charged 75$ plus 25$ cleaning fee....so 100$ less fees of course ...but the first guest I received 97$ and the second guests I received 95$...... Booth sets of people were from Canada which is where I live....so no differencewhy the price discrepancy??

@Kim161 Airbnb transacts in USD so there is still the conversion back and forth between CAD and USD. 

Hi Andrew. Yes, I totally get that. But our first transaction was 100$ less fees. We received 97$. Our second transaction was should have been the same as it was only a week later and our dollar has only been fluctuating by a couple cents. But we received 95$. I'm not trying to be nit picky but we just joined and there is a discrepancy already. I just want to belong to a service that is honest and above board. Reading Airbnbs rules and regs, they round up or down depending so for the sake of argument. With a few cents difference in the dollar MAYBE we would receive 96$ .....right?

Greetings from Australia,I am Eileen, a host from Melbourne. I have tried for many hours in the last two days to try and solve my rather big 483 Aud problem.Abnb has taken this amount in fees from my next 55 night booking.I spoke to Abnb staff around the world in the past 2 days,but no joy there.I am told that I had applied a 12% discount to the booking,this is not true I have never given discounts at any time in the 3 years of hosting. Neverthless the discount has gone into Abnb coffers, Can this be possible? you bet.

On speaking to various Abnb staff,I found out that the guest [who is arriving in 3 weeks time from Belgium] has paid the exact amount of 60 Aud for his 55 nights stay, as per my price,this then works out to a total of 3,300 Aud.So far so good.But alas the sub total that Abnb shows up in my breakdown is as follows 2874 Aud for accommodation, and  Service fee 87 Aud  sorry I am not able to find where the rest of the money has gone.In my calculation 3,300 Aud minus 87 Aud gives me a total of 3,213Aud  not 2,874 Aud.Please please help.Abnb tells me that they have 'applied' the 12% discount  BUT the guest has NOT received it.  Has this happened before to anyone?

Thank you.I am desperate to hear from you.

Best wishes to all

Glenn26
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

How much will Airbnb charge Hosts when they start collecting transient taxes for the State of Hawaii?

Ivana79
Level 2
Dubrovnik, Croatia

We are hosting in Croatia and last two weeks we are getting less payout due to lower exchange rate from euro to croatian kuna although exchange rate here in Croatia is almost the same.Does anyone has same issue? Airbnb help center doesn't help to much...

Thanks

Nancy-And-Vince0
Level 1
Laval, Canada

I have had 3 guests already and I have not recived a payout yet , its impossible to contact Airbnb ,how does one contact a person to talk to , is there a phone number I can have so I may be able to call Airbnb.