Host Referral Program Terms

Bože0
Level 2
New York, NY

Host Referral Program Terms

Hi everyone,

I have recently referred my sister to host and she's about to have her first guest that has booked for over $100, however my referral credit in the referral section of my account reads $40 credit. I have contacted AirBnb about this issue and they have stated that referral credit is NOT actually $120 but UP TO $120 based on their discretion. I have gone through the terms and conditions and this stipulation is not present anywhere to my knowledge. There is a bit about denying payment in complete but nothing about ammending the payment amount.

I have spoken to my other friends who have reffered hosts in the past and they had no issues with referral so I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience because I feel slightly cheated.

Best

3 Replies 3
Davina14
Level 2
Taranaki, New Zealand

Hi Boze, I have a message on my host referral page that I'm to receive $27 for a successful referral that met all the criteria!

Woop-de-doo.

For my non-tech-savvy friend, that was a lot of work that I am happy to have done for her sake, but yes, Where does it say that the payout amount is at AirBnB's discretion?   Also, in 15 business days (from whenever) the payment will arrive.........

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Davina14  They can payout whatever they want. See the terms and conditions of host referral. 

Payment

If you are based in the United States, you will receive $360 USD for the first booking Completed by a Referred Host. If you are based outside the US, you will receive the equivalent in your local currency (i.e., the currency of the payment method that you have selected for payouts). Where applicable, the local currency equivalent will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate, for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties, such as OANDA. We regularly update the base exchange rate, but it may not be identical to the real-time market rate.

To qualify for any payouts, the Referred Host’s first received booking must have a value (excluding cleaning fees, taxes, and special offers) of at least $100 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency ). The Referred Host has 150 days from the date they are invited to Complete their first booking in order to earn the Payment.

All Referred Hosts must be new, first time Hosts. No payment will be made for listings created by current or former Airbnb Hosts, or for bookings made by family or friends of the Referred Host, or for bookings where either the Referred Host or the Referred Host's listing has the same address as you. Payouts will be made within 30 days of each qualifying event, to the payout mechanism you designate on your Airbnb account. The Airbnb Terms of Service as it relates to the application of taxes applies to any Program payout.

Whether a payout is due shall be a decision made in the sole discretion of Airbnb. Airbnb reserves the right to any remedy, including denial of payout or cancellation of your account, if fraud, tampering or other violations of Airbnb's Terms of Service or these Terms are suspected.

https://www.airbnb.com/refer/terms_and_conditions

@Letti0 I agree that they can decide not to pay out or remedy the payment if "fraud, tampering or other violations of Airbnb's Terms of Service are suspected", but if there is no reason whatsoever to do it (at least they're not listing any) I don't think they can.

I must either be missing something or their whole referral process is a massive scam.