Host Service Fee over 3%

Malcolm4
Level 1
Taunton, United Kingdom

Host Service Fee over 3%

I do not understand why Airbnb are now taking more than 3% fee. I charge £30 per night but they are only paying £28. Not a happy host as it is impossible to talk to them directly.

12 Replies 12
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Makes sense to contact Air BNB to see if this is some automated glitch.  Try Twitter.  I found I got a prompt response.

I have the same issue. I rent at 34 euro per night.but when guests book i get only 28 euro per night what did you do please?
Victoria33
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

I charge £45 I used to get £44  then £43 now £42 makes no sense......

Airbnb now transacts everything is US Dollars. The fluctuations your seeing are a result of rounding as part of currency conversions.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

@Malcolm4Thinking about it more the currency conversion should account for a 1 GBP difference but woudl not explain a 3 or 4 GPB difference.  Looking at your listing I see you do offer a 10pct discount for stays greater than a week.  So i'm thinking it might be that were they stays longer than 7 days? 

@Redina0 your case looks a little different I woudl contact Airbnb. 

Andy

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

My service charge fee on a 7100 rental was not the 3% quoted but instead just over 6%. I calculate 3% of 7100 as 213, Air charged me  433. That's not some currency fluctuation or minor rounding up, that's bonkers.

If they charge more tha 3% why not say so? At least I could adjust my prices to compensate. 

@Rory15  It would be helpful for you to be aware of all the fees that can be charged in your country.  Here is  quote from a Help Ctr.

"Airbnb charges VAT on its service fees for customers from the Albania, European Union, Iceland, Norway, South Africa, and Switzerland."

Read several articles about host fees.  Quite informative.

Just so you understand the problems I am having understanding all this, and the lack of a straight answer to a simple question, this is my latest note to someone at Air. Or at least I think they are from Air, who knows

"Look at the Laura thread, not this one for Wojciech.

The only way I could work out how to contact anyone at Air was via his old booking record. You guys don’t make it easy to get help, do you.

Its not about double charging, or about Wojciech, its about Laura...okay?

1. 3% of 7100 is 213. According to the special offer button and the quote sent Laura its 433. Explain please?

2. I want to net 5000 for a 15 day rental, my client for various reasons explained on the thread wants to pay all my costs of doing this. Its agreed, no issues. That includes your fees to me. Since you don’t charge 3% to the host, but more, I want to know what daily rate can I quote to achieve 5000 net.
3. I have only had one rental thru Air before. The charges levied from Air amounted to around 13%. The special offer to Laura indicated charges of slightly over 6%. You advertise 3%.

I am confused having sent Laura 2 Special Offers in response to her booking. The original booking, sub total 7100, shows fees to me of 433. The special Offer, subtotal 5350 shows fees to me of 433. It remained the same, and neither quote is 3% of the totals, they are both different and both more.

Excuse me, but I make tham 6% and slightly over 8%. What do you make it? While we are at it the Wojciech payment of 188 netted down to 166 odd. Is that 3%, I think not. Its 13%.

I don’t care what you charge. You can explain later.

All I want to know is how much per day I need to quote Laura so I can net 5000, do I add 3% or 6% or 8% or 13%. All I want to do is know what to quote, please answer the question.

I need to talk to my client today. Please help.

Rory **"

I have been at this for hours everyday for a week. Can I get an answer to a simple question, no Sir I can't.

I am happy to wait and deal with why the numbers I am quoted vary everytime and don't add up to 3% or even close. I just want to know what to quote as a daily rate to achieve 5000 plus a cleaning charge of 350.

Please don't send me a link to a page that just says the charges are 3% because thats not the case, ever in my experience.

None of what I am experiencing could possibly be about VAT on the fee. Or currency fluctuations or anything else mentioned so far.

I have only ever had one guest thru Air, I was charged 13% of the booking. I have now had sight of the 3% fee on quotes of 7100 and 5359 in both cases the fees of 3% are quoted as 433. Go figure.

See my new post with my latest request for help. I am very close to giving up and taking my houses off Air.

Hello, I would like to talk to you.

Jane223
Level 1
Caherdaniel, Ireland

Yes I have same problem - overnight host fee has doubled with no explanation and impossible to contact air bnb. Any advice would be much appreciated

@Jane223  What is the trouble with contacting Air BNB?  As you are a Super Host weren't you given a specific number to call?   Are you unable to use the Ireland Air BNB number:   +353 1 697 1831?  I wonder if the host fee change is related to the Value Added Tax or if it is an error.  Lately I have used Air BNB Twitter to send a message and have gotten fairly rapid response.