Host Survey for new project

Ellie354
Level 2
Newbury, United Kingdom

Host Survey for new project

Hello

I am currently undertaking a market research project for daytime use of Hosts homes as workspaces either solely or when overnight Guests are out during the day.

Please help me complete a quick survey - should take approx 1min to complete.

A big thank you : )

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BSCYDCL

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ellie354 I have completed survey as it is a legitimate site and quick to complete.

One issue I did have is that it suggests all Airbnb hosts rent rooms in their houses when many (most?) rent whole homes.

Ellie354
Level 2
Newbury, United Kingdom

Thank you kindly @Mike-And-Jane0 it is much appreciated.

The survey is directed more towards renting rooms only although both are still applicable.

Thanks again

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

done

Ellie354
Level 2
Newbury, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Bob297  much appreciated

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ellie354,

I took your survey, but similar to what @Mike-And-Jane0 pointed out, not all home shares are the same either.  The rooms that I rent at my home in St. Lucia are not on the same floor where I live, and they are spacious enough and equipped so that they are self-contained, only sharing the entrance into the house, and walkway to the rooms.

You may want to fine tune your that you've posted here to specify the type of rental your want surveyed, sense many people have setup their homes so they don't share or limit shared common space with/among their guests.

Ellie354
Level 2
Newbury, United Kingdom

Hi @Debra300 thank you for providing a survey response.

That is a very valid point, the hosts I am most geared towards are both home hosts with either common space shared or not shared.

Thanks

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Ellie354  Done. - But I think it's worth mentioning that Airbnb was set up to be an ACCOMMODATION platform. It would be against terms to use it  for business purposes?

Another problem with your proposal/premise is than SOME guests don't go out during the day! - I know we Brits of a certain age (not you!) remember the days when B&B guests were expected to leave by 10.00am every morning and not come back till 5pm! But here in the CC there have been many discussions on this subject, and non-Brits have expressed horror that a space they "paid for" can not be utilised all day long, at any hour of the guest's choosing. It appears times have changed! And expectations!

So unless you are considering renting a self-contained space away from overnight guests, you might find your house a little crowded?!

Ellie354
Level 2
Newbury, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen350 the survey's targeting Airbnb Hosts but looking at alternatives uses (perhaps outside the Airbnb format).

Your last sentence is absolutely correct : )

Thank you for completing the survey, it is hugely appreciated.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How is this different from other companies that are already offering people the opportunity to rent out their homes/properties as office/business space @Ellie354 

Ellie354
Level 2
Newbury, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen3 do you have any links of said companies you can share please? I'd be interested in checking them out.

Many thanks

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Not to hand but I presumed you would have checked out potential competition as part of your market research, if you Google them they should come up.