Host Voice - help monitor

Host Voice - help monitor

Host voice is for providing suggestions on improvements for the Airbnb platform and app.  There are over 300 "current" suggestions.  However, after 45 minutes of trying to get through the list, the vast majority were questions about problems and not actually suggestions at all or suggestions for improvement that actually already exist.

So I'm BEGGING my fellow hosts who find themselves answering the questions/problems/suggestions with answers readily available in the Help Center or online to also click the "OPTIONS" button and "Notify the Moderator" that the post is in the wrong thread.  That way whomever is monitoring that section can move it from Host Voice to the Help or Hosts thread where it belongs.  

I'm interested in what some of the suggestions are and might even want to upvote them before they are "archived", but geez, there is so much junk there that getting to any suggestion of quality is exhausting.  Also, while more difficult - everyone has an opinion, but your suggestion may be the same as someone else's  so PLEASE search Host Voice before adding in another change when you can upvote someone else's suggestion that matches yours.  This is the ONLY way we get real change on the site.  

Please help keep that thread clean!  

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Agree!!  @Alice-and-Jeff0  I have stopped even looking at the Host Voice because there are so many postings that are issues and complaints instead of ideas.  While I have used the Option to report inappropriate content (personal information or commercial postings) I never thought to use it as you are suggesting.  It seems to me the administrators would manage the section and apparently they don't move these posting so I don't know what to make of that.

Perhaps I am being too cynical but I assumed it was a sop, I do agree it is frightening how many hosts seem happy to list on line but can not work their way around a mesage board.

Other forums I am a member of have Mods actively monitoring posts, decluttering etc, guess in this case it is down to how much resource ABB is prepared to expend.

David

@Linda108 - Lizzy often moves those posts once they've been flagged.  My guess is that Lizzy and Quincy have so much content to get through every day that it's impossible to catch them all.  Also, I think someone else monitors Host Voice because when I had an idea "archived" I was sent an email and the person who responded was definitely not Lizzie.  

Steve306
Level 3
Sainte-Maxime, France

What you need to think about is what is this telling us as i see it the real issue is not the hosts but the poor service you get from Air BnB. the site is confusing and what you are witnessing is poor site design, lack of service and transparency and desperation and frustration of customers looking and begging for answers. Anyway here is my suggestion, when a Payout is made and before sending funds to the host's default account provide a full detailed breakdown showing fees charged and exchange rate used so that I and the many hosts that have multi currency accounts can direct the funds to the right currency and avoid the excessive  3% exchange charge.  Like wise more importantly, it would be nice to know how they calculated what they paid you rather than being given a number and not communicate with you.