Host a motorhome (RV) or camper van

Host a motorhome (RV) or camper van

Hi all,

Myself and my wife have recently started renting our beloved motorhome and, since AirBnB is optimized for house or room rentals, we have the following doubts, specially regarding the Host Protection Insurance.

Will the Host protection Insurance cover the following circumstances:

1. In case the vehicle (motorhome) is stolen by a guest
  2. In case of a driving accident (for self damage - since we already have a driving insurance that covers any third party costs)
  3. In case of fire or any other damaging situation started, either directly or indirectly, by the guest

We would also like to know how to handle the following situations:

1. If, during the renting, the guest doesn't pay a toll, how can we proceed?
  2. How should we handle traffic or parking tickets?

How can we have a written description from AirBnB for such situations? Do they have a legal email where we can place such questions?

All feedback of other hosts renting a motorhome or camper van is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

André **

16 Replies 16
Nick1954
Level 1
Glastonbury, United Kingdom

I am in the UK and already have my van on Camplify which is a dedicated Motorhome hire website, and I’m looking to also add it to Airbnb, but I can’t find an insurance solution that works. I’m writing to see if anyone else has any bright ideas?

As I understand it the options are:

1. get your own Self-Hire Motorhome Insurance-  Alan Boswell Group is recommended for this 01603 561474. But I got quoted around £1,600 a year, which is ok if I have enough hires to cover that cost, but I am not confident that I would get enough to make it worth it
  2. don’t list it on Airbnb and instead list it on a dedicated Motorhome hire site like Camplify

Is there something I’m missing? I'd love to know if there's other options...

Denisse70
Level 1
Bakersfield, CA

I am wanting to rent out my van in San Diego. Anyone know of a rental insurance agency around here?