Does Host frequency setting affect smart pricing?

Answered!
Paul630
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Does Host frequency setting affect smart pricing?

I remember seeing a setting that asked how frequently I wished to host, the answers were something like occassionally or all the time. I have looked a few times to find this setting again to no avail.

However, I was recently helping a friend set up her listing and the question was there. Is this setting possible to change once you select it? If so, where is it?!

Also, does this setting affect how your smart pricing is calculated? 

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello Paul,

That question is shown only when you're setting up a listing.

Airbnb uses the answer to adjust some of the settings for the listing.

One setting it affects is preparation time in the "Availability" section on the calendar.

If you say "occasionally" when setting up the listing then I think may set preparation time to 2 days. If you say "all the time" it may set it to "none".

The post below describes some of the things that affect the smart pricing calculation.

From it, if you select "all the time" when setting up the listing, and get lots of bookings it could make a difference to the calculation over having selected "occasionally" and haveing days before and after a booking blocked.

How Smart Pricing Works

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello Paul,

That question is shown only when you're setting up a listing.

Airbnb uses the answer to adjust some of the settings for the listing.

One setting it affects is preparation time in the "Availability" section on the calendar.

If you say "occasionally" when setting up the listing then I think may set preparation time to 2 days. If you say "all the time" it may set it to "none".

The post below describes some of the things that affect the smart pricing calculation.

From it, if you select "all the time" when setting up the listing, and get lots of bookings it could make a difference to the calculation over having selected "occasionally" and haveing days before and after a booking blocked.

How Smart Pricing Works

Steve.

Sendy1
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Found it! It’s under the nightly price which is under the booking settings of the property listing.

Ömer18
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

I can see that settings on iPhone application but I couldn't find that settings on desktop version. 😕 And i can not settings on my lowest highest prices on my mobile app because application confused with ₺ icon. Thay have to fix this or they should put that setting on desktop version.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Paul630I have noticed changes in this as well. We used to have 2 days between guests and now there are "glitches" (according to ABB reps) that allow guests to book on those blocked days. We changed settings to one day between guests and have had a few "glitches" that allow back to back bookings. If I was more of the conspiracy type I would imagine this was purposeful and that ABB really wanted to make sure they got their money. We have had more than one awkward conversation when a guest booked at a time we really couldn't host and some resistance from CS on canceling the stay.