Host me

Host me

Hello everyone,

Well I live in Alburquerque and I don't have money to pay rent this month but luckily I got a job this week and they will pay me at the end of the month. I will probably get kicked out on Sunday so if you have a spare room, host me for cleaning jobs. No need to pay me. I will leave as soon as I get paid on December 30. I just need a place to lodge for this month.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Yeah, right. You really think anyone is going to give some stranger a free place to live for a month? Hosts already have cleaners or clean themselves. You just joined, have o reviews, couldn't even be bothered to post an actual photo of yourself on your profile or write anything on it, either.

@Hildegarde3

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Hildegarde3 , I'm pretty sure @Sarah977 spoke for most here, your effort Im suspecting will be rewarded with like efforts....

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Hildegarde3 

Hildregarde, I am sure many of us sympathize with your situation, it's hard to be down on your luck and struggling to get by. But you have to realize many of us struggle to! We are not large companies who can afford to write off debts. From my point of view, we get by ok but we have had times where we did not know where next weeks housekeeping was going to come from!

To come out of nowhere and ask the hosting community for charity is a big ask, please don't be offended by the answers you are going to get but, this has been a hard year for many in the hosting community, many have had to suffer huge losses, it's not that we are a callous community but, I feel you are probably approaching the wrong people with your request for help. 

Maybe an add in the local paper for live in help would get you better results. I do however wish you all the best and if ever you were in my part of the world I would do what ever I could to help you!  

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4 , thanks for your as always super responses, this is the season for being generous not snarky and I think my response was less than it should have been!   @Hildegarde3 , I am sorry for being unhelpful but I think Rob hit the nail on the head, your situation is too urgent to hope a community that is barely holding its own could help with at this time, better try the local online forums and papers, I pray you will have good luck, stay well, JR