Host payout missing

Jordan478
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Host payout missing

Hi,

I am a new host on AirBnb, been hosting for a month now. Until yesterday I have received all my payments on time (24 h after the guest has checked in).

I had a guest staying on the 3rd of March with a checkout on the 4th. Only yesterday night around 10pm I have noticed that they payment has not gone throught. (I am paid on paypal and even on their website they advertise a 24h payout after the guest checks in).

Anyway I wrote to them and they tried to tell me that I have to wait for 5 to 7 workdays for the payment to come through, depending on the "bank" I chose. I tried to explain that I am paid on paypal, therefore the payment should be in my account 24h after the guest checked in, but I had no luck, they keep insisting that I have to wait 5 to 7 days because of my bank.

Has anyone had any issues like this before? Right now I have the next 10 days fully booked and I am afraid they won´t pay me. How can I trust that they will make the payout? Thanks again for your responses 🙂

8 Replies 8
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

I have had some payouts take 5-7 days and others arrive within a day or two. Follow up at the five day mark. Have seen other people having payout problems recently. I’ve never had any in five years.  

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Mantle0
Level 2
Malacca, MY

Same! This is the first in 18 months it happened to me.  Payments from 8th March onwards are not reflected in my linked payout bank account.

Called the bank and said there were no records of such payments from those payout IDs. I have also contacted Airbnb support and still waiting for a reply... 

Jordan478
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Mantle0you will have to insist. I got the payment only after I called them and messaged them a lot.

Briana81
Level 3
Puerto Morelos, Mexico

Same! They currently owe me around $1800.00 USD for two reservations (one which already checked-out!!!!!!!!!). No response, NO help, absolutely terrible customer service experience. 

Briana
Lin26
Level 2
Hendersonville, NC

I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for a payout.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Briana81 @Lin26 

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I will DM both of you to get a few more details so I can contact CS on your behalf. 

Thanks

Nick 

Jeremy129
Level 6
New South Wales, Australia

After 5 years or more with Airbnb all has been fine with transactions but just recently in April 2021 I have had 3 payments missing for over $4k.   Have been in touch multiple times with little success except being asked to wait. The odd thing is that some payments have come through since leaving gaps with 3 random bookings not coming through. It's not a great feeling when your bank tells you one thing and Airbnb tell you another leaving you powerless in the middle as to where the money has gone.