Host support - a good news story

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Host support - a good news story

Hi to all my fellow hosts,

With all the negative comments we read about on this forum regarding customer service for hosts, I just wanted to share a postive customer service story.  Yesterday I had a serious family emergency come up and had to book a flight immediately to the other side of the country where I will be staying for an indefinite period of time. I had a number of Airbnb bookings coming up over the next few weeks and was in a total panic about what to do or how to handle it. Should I try to find a cohost at extremely short notice? (highly unlikely and just one more thing to try and think about on top of my already highly emotional state). Or just cancel everyone myself? I have never cancelled a guest in nearly two years of hosting. Anyway, I decided to ring Airbnb customer support to explain the situation. After everything I've read here, I was sceptical of getting much in the way of support but I literally couldn't have asked for better service. The CS person immediately offered to cancel all my upcoming bookings on my behalf without penalty or affecting my superhost status. He just suggested I send a personal courtesy message explaining the cancellation to each of my guests (which I did). And he communicated with me back and forth for some time offering support and prayers. So I just want to say, thank you Airbnb - as a host, I am extremely grateful for this support.

11 Replies 11
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Kath9, I have had the same/similar experience with the people at AirBnB.

Prayers with you!

Best,

Kim
John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Kath9, thank you for sharing! After all the negative stories, it's good to hear something positive! 

Its good to hear postIve stories, I'm just getting started, I have my second guest. The first 2 were very good. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thanks for sharing. I also have had good experience with the Airbnb staff. When I nedeed contact, they were very helpful. Anyway, like you, I only call Airbnb when it is really and extremely necessary some intervention.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kath9,

Thank you for sharing this, I am so pleased to hear your positive experience. 

I am sorry to hear about your personal emergency. Send you my best wishes and support, thinking of you at this difficult time. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mrs--Donna0
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

http://baltimorecityhosts.com   We are from Baltimore, and all of our listings are in Baltimore, I can say i have had a good experient with the help dest, Only one person I was a little irritated with, I felt like they was not giving me a change to make a decision about refunding a guest. He decided to refund for me and I felt pressured, but all and in all, I think they are doing a good job.

Emily440
Level 3
Salem, OR

I am sorry to read that you had an emergency. But I appreciate your acknowledging a good CS experience coming at a time when you needed less stress, not additional. 

Franca67
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am sorry that you had this emergency, I would like to know the phone number of the support team, as I can’t find it anywhere, it’s good to hear that they supported you, at your time of need.

Hi @Franca67, every country has their own CS number and I don't know what that is for the UK. But if you type 'contact' into the Help search engine then keep going through to the end, you should eventually get to the regional contact number.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

And then there's stories like Susan (scroll to bottom of page 6). ALL hosts should be very, very concerned... https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Are-Traditional-Hosts-Still-Valued-By-Airbnb/td-p/608344...

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

prayer for your present reality condition..

I beleieve their sactual services is improving.. 

a few days I also got a guest asking a complimentary night because the island beside us was close and they did not get a refund.. (that what they said).. but they did not booked it through me.. the airbnb team was on the case to oversees the guest bully as professional as it can get.. 

Jeffrey Bong