New function idea - Host to send an invite to a guest

Charlie94
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

New function idea - Host to send an invite to a guest

Hi.

I had a scenario where I had blocked out the availability of my listing for specific days but wanted to invite a specific guest to some of those days. i.e. I wanted to hold specific days for a guest while they confirmed their itinerary.

I found it interesting that there didn't seem to be a way for me to do this. Why wouldn't there be a feature where I can invite guests for specific days, or send an offer? I am basically trying to avoid a situation where my repeat guest loses the availability of my listing in the time between me making it available and them booking it. Not a great experience for the host or the guest in my opinion.

Cheers.

13 Replies 13
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Simple. Block the dates till your 'favorite' is ready to book, then when both online, unblock, they book and it will work. I do this all the time. If there is another way I have not discover it.

Hi @Fred13, yes that's the way we did it but it occurred to me that surely there is a better way to do this. Hosts would want to take care of their repeat guest customers a little more conveniently than orchestrating a unblock and quick (hope) book in time. I feel that features to handle this scenario are missing.

If you discover a better way, please post it; yes, that method we are using is so 'old school'.

I agree! I have a room that I would like to make available to people by invitation only. These are usually repeat guests and I could do it outside AirBnB but I would prefer to go through AirBnB because I like the service I get--CC processing, etc.--from them. I understand allowing hosts to invite guests without an inquiry could lead to less inclusiveness so maybe that's the issue. I recently kept my room blocked for a repeat customer, emailed them that it was opening, but someone booked it before they could. I'll put them in the other room in a private transaction but I would have preferred going through AirBnB.

Aaron496
Level 1
Sacramento, CA

Agreed. I would love to be able to invite a specific guest to stay in my space. 

Carol384
Level 1
Leicester, United Kingdom

I agree, I am trying to do this today and it hasn’t been a great experience for my regular guest or myself. Even phoning Airbnb for support hasn’t helped. It really needs looking into and a solution being developed.

Flora185
Level 2
Clinton, WA

I need the functionality to be able to invite specific people. Otherwise I will do it without Airbnb's involvement and they will lose commissions. 

Keith663
Level 1
New York, NY

I have  returning guest who wants a special rate, I want to send him an invite with specific rate and dates, but can't seem to find easy to do this either. I suggested to him to book dates and I can adjust rates after the fact.  But an easy way to invite guest with dates and rate would be great. 

MaryAnn234
Level 2
Foresthill, CA

We as host need to be able to invited past guest, especially when they ask for a specific date and rate. I was just asked if they could come for one night instead of the two night...  but I can't invite them easily and at a discount for staying a second time or ask their friends/family to stay at a special discount I offer...  Hope this can be changed soon.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just block out the dates on your calendar and accept as a direct booking @MaryAnn234 

@MaryAnn234 You can discount a stay AND/OR change the number of nights of a stay. If the past guest sends you an "Inquiry" you can then send them a special offer. If the guest is already booked, you can click on "Change Reservation" and follow the prompt to change the price or number of nights. You have more control and options than you think, it's more about getting better acquainted with the platform.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

This would be a great option, the need for it comes up all the time.

Gwen399
Level 2
North Newton, KS

I agree!  Best way to get their attention is to send a suggestion/feedback.  If enough of us ask for this, they just might pay attention!  https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback?locale=en