Host workshops

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Host workshops

I received an invite to a Host Workshop with Catherine Powell. It was this morning. The zoom link did not work neither from my phone nor computer. I re-signed up with a different email and that did not work either so it sounds like they were sending out an incorrect link. Shouldn't it have puzzle Catherine Powell that she was alone in that zoom room? I guess she must decided that Airbnb was perfect as is and hosts had no suggestions- that's  why no one showed up. Or had something more important to do than meet with some random hosts. I am also thinking everyone moved the party to another room and forgot to tell me. I am pretty sure I am the cool kid so they wouldn't do that to me. I did come with beer and snacks to make sure I get to stay...

8 Replies 8
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Inna22 Gosh, is Catherine Powell still around? I thought she’d left Airbnb, as we never hear from her anymore. 

@Colleen253 I am not sure what is worst. Not being invited to a workshop with Catherine Powell or being invited, as @Inna22 was, and not being allowed in.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Inna22 @Colleen253  So typical, right?  Well, if anyone ever talks to Airbnb someone please tell them to go back to the 'one day' notifcation being 24 hours, we are losing untold amounts of bookings since we had to bump it to 48 hours notice to prevent people booking on X night and planning to arrive the next morning.  I know they could do this, since now the review window counts down to the last second.

@Mark116 excellent idea!

That doesn’t sound like one day… and yeah, that happened to me, too. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Inna22 ,

Sorry the meeting didn't work, I'll pass it on to the team that runs them. Sorry as well as this one was one I, personally, recommended you for 😫

Can I follow up with you on DM and see about getting this sorted? We want your voice to be heard, even if it ends up just being me sharing your message/ideas back via text (surprisingly more trustworthy that my personal arch-nemesis Zoom.)

Thanks,

Stephanie

PS @Mark116 - will relay also

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  thank you for recommending me! It's ok, if there is another opportunity I would love to join

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Inna22 - I'll get to the bottom of those issues you've faced, in the meantime. And of course! Always happy to have your input 🙂

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines