Hosting Brighton UK

Sophie1584
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hosting Brighton UK

Hi there

Hoping to hear from other hosts in Brighton UK.

I stopped renting out my home on airbnb quite a while ago but am keen to go live again.

Are there any hosts in Brighton who could tell me how bookings are going in September 2020, are you getting bookings, have you had to reduce your fees etc etc? I rent out an entire home, two bed apartment that sleeps up to six people.

Be great to get some feedback!

Many thanks

Sophie

13 Replies 13
Carey75
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi I rent out a 2 bed cottage and garden in central Brighton that’s sleeps 4 and bookings have been good. However I’ve been using a hosting service Which absorbs a lot of fees and thinking of going solo with a co host. 

Carolyn682
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi I am renting out a 4 bedroom house in Saltdean and very interested to get together with other hosts in Brighton. I would like to hear about which hosting service you used and about co hosting? Thanks Carolyn

Nina1164
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi Brighton community. I am renting a 1 bed flat in Hove which I just put on 4 weeks ago and now have several bookings. Does anyone use a company to do the cleaning turnaround you could recommend? Thank you, Nina x

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you tried posting on Brighton area FB groups and asking for recommendations @Nina1164 

Kate1896
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi there - just to join this conversation - I am currently co-hosting a friend's flat in Kemptown as she didn't want to use an agency.  My role is to meet the guests, provide recommendations, do the turnaround/clean, wash the linen & towels, replenish toiletries & cleaning products plus buy some nice things to leave for the guests breakfast.  I also manage the communication prior to guest arrival if my friend isn't able to.  Our arrangement has been a great success and we've had fantastic reviews from all of our guests.  I would love to do more of this work with individuals such as yourselves so if it is of interest to any of you, please get in touch.  I can also direct you to my friend's page on airbnb so you can see the reviews for yourself.

Many thanks

Kate

Kat179
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi Kate I'd be interested to find out more. Based in Hove - is that too far away?

Kat 

Hi Kate1896

Are you still co-hosting?

Geoff498
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Kate1896 just wondered if you’re still looking to manage properties in Brighton? If so, I’d be very interested. Thanks, Geoff. 

Lloid0
Level 2
United Kingdom

Hi i have a cottage on the beach in hove , going off the subject , I’ve had lots of people look at my page but this month and last has been exceptionally slow , is this same for everyone at the moment? Plus I am always on the look out for good reliable cleaners, the one I have at the moment is very good but a back up would be most welcome, 

Renita12
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi, I am currently in discussion with co hosting a property for someone in Brighton. I am based in London but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a cleaner who is good based in the Brighton area?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you tried advertising for one on a local area FB group for your part of Brighton @Renita12 

Renita12
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

No, I have just joined a cleaners group for Brighton though so hopefully I will find someone there @Helen3 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I prefer to get recommendations from those who have used the cleaning service - that's why I use area FB groups but I'm sure your solution could work too. @Renita12