Hosting Experiences

Robin130
Level 1
Fairfield, CT

Hosting Experiences

I am trying to host an experience in  the NYC area, but when i start to create and experience, I get a message from Airbnb that says " We will reach out to you as soon as we land in NYC. "  What the heck does that mean???

20 Replies 20
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

It means they do not do experiences in NYC yet and will let you know when they do. Seemed pretty self-explanatory to me? 

Pete-and-Sandra0
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi there, we are already accomodation hosts in Christchurch, NZ and are planning to host an Experience here as soon as possible. Does anyone know when AirBnB will open Experiences in New Zealand? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Pete-and-Sandra0,

Lovely to meet you. It is great to hear you are planning on hosting an 'experience' once this is available. At the moment the timeframe for when more locations will be launched hasn't been announced yet, but the team are working on this. Once I know more, I will share that with you and other hosts here, as I know other community members are keen to know as well. 🙂

What experience are you planning on hosting? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie ,  I am also strongly interested in offering an experience. Based on my experience of  selling my own Artwear creations in the gallery I owned and established, I would offer a 3 hour get together in my studio to create your own art to wear vest or tunic. 

As Prescott, AZ, is  not yet established for Airbnb experiences, and surely won't be for a long time, how about Airbnb puts something into place whereas hosts can add such an offer into their established listing?? It would mainly be directed at potential guests to the host's own place, but possibly also to guests to that city in question, even if they stay at another lodging.

I would think that quite a few of us hosts have talents and experiences to offer - and that guests coming to a smaller town or even remote area would LOVE that!

So far Helen from UK had somewhere suggested to mention it in one's listing, then, if a guest is interested, offer it in a special offer. That is a complicatd way of achieving our goal. The point is we would want to hve all pyments go through Airbnb and be transparent about it - so what about a little help facilitating that??

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Annette33,

It is lovely hearing about what you would like to offer as an experience, this sounds so interesting and I would love for you to sign me up right now! hehe 🙂 Do you host these tours already?

It is great to hear you would like to run it through Airbnb and it is really good to hear your suggestion here. I will certainly pass it over to the team, you never know there may be an alternative option. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

hi @Lizzie , thanx for your interest 🙂

No, I am not offering this  envisioned "tour" of mine yet - first I'd have to clean up my studio and make it "presentable", but mostly it's just too much hassle to promote it, get customers to sign up, etc... that's  why I would love to do it through Airbnb. I had established my own gallery in Taos, NM, and made it into a household name over the years. It sure didn't happen overnight, so I know what it takes to become successful, and I'd much rather rely on someone else (Airbnb) to do that part for me.

About those "tours" :I was also thinking of adding one about how to build up your  own retail fine arts and crafts business, but that is too cerebral and not "fun", plus I can do those kind of classes easily through the local college.

cheers,

annette

I felt the same way!  I'm in a really small town, but have my little skills, too, that might be of use to folks traveling through my home.  Would love to have Airbnb get moving on making this more generally available, as they have for listings for accommodations.  Meanwhile, I'm going to be thinking creatively about how I can include it in my current listings.  This is all about encouraging entrepreneurial effort, right?! : )

how do you get to level 10 as a superhost?

Hello,  I am interested on hosting an experience in San Diego.  I used to play beach volleyball professionally and now I travel around the world coaching and running camps and clinics.  I have been on airbandb traveling for a while and have been hosting for about a year.  I would love to offer an experience where people could come and be coached and play with current and ex professional beach volleyball players.  Is this something that would be of interest?  If so, how do I know when hosting an experience is an option?  This is also something that I would be interested in doing in the Los Angeles area as well.

Laura

Hello

I came across your message and thought I'd ask if you recieved any information? 

I am looking at hosting an experience myself here in Taranaki and am also currently hosting accommodation.

I can only see a list of countries that do not include us so I'm presuming that they havent started here yet, but would be grateful if you know otherwise?

Regards

Nani

Hi Nani,

I have not received any offical word from AirBnB as to when Experiences will be open in NZ. I think if you go through all the details to register an Experience, you get a message at the end saying some one will get back "as soon as Experiences are open in your country", or something to that affect. Maybe you should do that anyway in case someone else is looking to do the same thing. Not that there's a "patent" on Experiences, so it wouldn't guarantee exclusivity, but it may discourage someone offering an identical Experience if there's already competition.

Cheers,

Pete

Iona-And-Julien0
Level 1
Ullapool, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, I live in a remote area in Scotland and really would like to host an awsome experience. Can anyone let me know how I can start hosting my experience. The only places you seem to be able to host experiences are in big cities. Thanks

@Iona-And-Julien0 , you can't yet: like you say, hosting experiences is only available in a few bigger cities for right now. We'll have to wait until it is available in our specific location.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin130@Annette33@Iona-And-Julien0@Heather17@Laura383@Cynthia-and-Chris1@Pete-and-Sandra0@Nani-And-Micheal0

I hope you are all good.

I am not sure if you have seen this already, however I wanted to highlight this Airbnb web page to you regarding experiences as there is lots of information on there: Experiences

At the bottom of this page is this section: 

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 15.19.25.png

If your city/location isn't listed you can select 'other city' and you will receive a notification when they are looking at launching 'Experiences' there. 🙂

I hope this helps, I will keep you posted on anything else I think you might find useful around this. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------