Hosting In Greece and Tax Regulations

George214
Level 1
Peristeri, Greece

Hosting In Greece and Tax Regulations

Hello fellow Greek hosts...

I would like to talk about how you deal with the new regulations about taxes in Greece.

I want to sleep peacefully at nights, and that would mean to regulate my taxes.

But everything is so conflicting in greece, and I find regulations to be somewhat ... vague to say the least.

Even accountants don't seem to have a clear picture as to HOW a host should regulate himself.

The so-called "badge" that every house in airbnb should get, is nowhere to be found (at least for the time beeing), and I still haven't found a way to declare my guests on gsis.gr

If anyone reads and has the same problem with me, or maybe has a good piece of advice, I would be more than grateful to hear from him/her.

Happy Hosting to all.

76 Replies 76

Hello George I am also trying to figure this out. I will talk to my accountant and let you know if she has got any news about this "badge" likewise please let me know if you find anything out thanks, Anna

Ciao Anna

Mi piacerebbe farti qualche domanda gentilmente in merito alla discussione.

1. Nel regolamento come definiscono l’sola grande e l’isola piccola?

1. Ho 3 singoli appartamenti separati, ma sullo stesso terreno, quindi presumo che ciascuno potrà avere 60 o 90 giorni di occupazione?

1. Il tetto di 12.000 euro è per ogni singolo appartamento o per il totale degli appartamenti?

Grazie mille in anticipo

Dan571
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

dear anna,

my name is Dan and I have read an old message of u mentioning your accountant in greece.

could u recommend this accountant? I am looking for someone who lives in Athens and he is a cooperative and nice person. my email is *sensitive information hidden*.

many thanks in advance.

dan 

Hello Dan,
I am not an accountant,but i have some knowledge... Your email is hidden, so ask here what you want.
George

Pépa0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Dear Anna, 

I presume you are a foreigner with Airbnb properties in Greece. I am looking forward to invest as well but need some guidance and counseling when it cames to taxes and laws. Is there anyway I can private message you? 

Thanks so much

Eren-Bora0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Same here, nothing is clear yet, what we have to do? what should we declare and where? 

some people says if you are not a company there will be a 5.000 fee if you accommodate more than 90 days 

any one knows if this information correct or not?

For the time beeing this is not correct from the scattered info around. They have a clause for FUTURE use that the may activate which will indeed limit the use of houses, if they feel they must. For now this is not the case.

Same problem here, and I don't even live in the country, so that makes it so much harder to figure out the rules. Help please?

George214
Level 1
Peristeri, Greece

From the latest info on the subject it seems that the electronic platform will be soon on line and everyone will have to get his number. I will update as soon as I have concrete info to share.,

Hi George, I was wondering if you have found how to register and get a number? Plus I can’t see where I would put this number on the Airbnb profile which I read it has to be shown or there is a heavy fine? Very confused here and help would be great thanks 

Hello dear comunity. 

I heard that they started to send some letters to the AirBnb host to pay a 5000 fee, for renting in 2016 and 2017 for people that didnt pay. Do anyone knoe about any people that got this fees or got contacted by the Greek tax department. There is more new to know how its going to work from now on?

Thnaks in advenced. Beste regards

George214
Level 1
Peristeri, Greece

Hello everyone,

From what I read in the following article, Marcio is correct.

http://www.capital.gr/tax/3286464/sta-dixtua-tis-eforias-oi-protoi-idioktites-katoikion-airbnb

It is in Greek but sheds some light. 

I will have very-very soon valid info on how you declare your guests.

This was very a helpful  article, Geoge thank you- We would all be happy to pay reasonable tax (most of us I think) too bad all the expenses cannot be taken into consideration- as with 15% we end up by paying more like 50%... oh well... I wonder how much information the tax office can get from airbnb by law- if anyone knows this would be very interesting.

Georgoulis0
Level 2
Kavala, Greece

I am also confused...! I chose to be payed in paypal wallet in order to avoid any bank proofs. I think this is a way to avoid the economic authorities and the gsis. Whats your opinion about?