Hosting a couple on their honeymoon: Help!

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hosting a couple on their honeymoon: Help!

What nice things can I do to add nice / romantic little details for a couple who is on their honeymoon, when they stay at our place in a month or two?

Or do I have too romantic a view of honeymoons and is it basically just a nice extended holiday?

9 Replies 9
Amber9
Level 2
Kelowna, Canada

I left a bottle of champagne and some chocolates for my honeymooners!
Littia0
Level 2
Bowling Green, KY

I'm hosting a 1st Anniversary couple in a few weeks. I'm going to give them a bottle of champagne (I already bought 2 inexpensive champagne flutes at Pier 1), and I'm going to make some chocolate covered strawberries!
James1
Level 10
SF, CA

I've had several honeymoorners over the years. All the comments are spot on, champage and appropriate glasses. Make sure it's chilled.

You could leave a rose and/or rose petals on the bed. We had a couple that was excited to see the romantic touch. No too many rose petals, though or it will cause a cleaning headache.

Nyoman1
Level 3
Bali, Indonesia

Give them a special welcome drink, souvenirs and small cake.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

As others have suggested, a small bottle of champagne/sparkling wine and a sweet treat would probably be very appreciated by your guests. 🙂

Wendy704
Level 2
Richmond, VA

Sadly, people may say they are "honeymooning" as a scam to get  significant free perks. Therefore, if you host someone for their "honeymoon," do other hosts a favor by stating that in their review. ("We were delighted to host X and Y for their honeymoon.") It's a helpful way to keep everyone honest.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

We leave champagne and some kind of sweet (chocolate unless allergic) with a ribbon in their wedding colors. We do get excited to host as well. Except for clean up. I don't want to be too graphic bit there is often a lot of "mystery stain" bio matter clean up. We tell our cleaners ahead of time. The stuff that works on dog urine also works on that.....

Kat162
Level 7
Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi @Jiw0 ,

As a new host, (and like you) - I am always delightfully excited to host honeymooners! 
I've had the pleasure of hosting newlyweds this season along with couples celebrating anniversaries.

These are very memorable occasions for our guests; they are creating/adding to their memory bank and I feel honoured they when they choose my location to celebrate!

For little touches, a bottle of champagne in the fridge; perhaps with OJ for breakfast mimosas.
I bring my special flutes from home and in their welcome card, let them know where they are located should they want to make a special toast.

Our local chocolatier produces unique fortune cookie type chocolate hearts. Each one is filled with a line of 'love advice' from long-time married couples across our country. It's unique, embraces their new promise of commitment to one another and supports local!

Is there a local wedding tradition, typical type of wedding food or a custom wedding gift in your area that you could share/incorporate with your couples?
Maybe even share what you would consider your "top romantic spots" in the area. 

Also, at our coffee bar I will set out our "Mr" & "Mrs" mugs; perhaps a little sappy, yet a perfect Instagram opportunity for couples!

Happy Hosting!!

PS - as for clean up - I find these couples have in fact been the most discrete, respectful and tidy.