Hosting a guest who travelled to give birth in America. Is this legal in Georgia? Please help?

India4
Level 2
Stone Mountain, GA

Hosting a guest who travelled to give birth in America. Is this legal in Georgia? Please help?

First I must say, personally I love guest from all over the world and pleased to learn about their traditions/practices. I have a question about the legality in this case. I do work for a agency in GA that is defined by the law and it is important I get an answer before I take this to them. Is it illegal to house a immigrant (undocumented or legal) that came primarily to deliver a child. I was told that amongst 1 other witness. I know not to ask of legal status in GA as a ID was provided as enough for Airbnb. I understand privacy and am not implying my political views, as I am not that type lolllll. I just want to be covered legally since I do not know more than their place of origin and her due date...THIS WEEK. I will do my best to make her stay rewarding as long as I am not in trouble for breaking a law. Please give advice. 

1 Reply 1
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

It is 100% legal to travel here to give birth to what some call "anchor babies," but in truth are just babies.

It is a federal law that covers her right to do this (the Constitution, actually). This actually has been in the news lately as groups of Russian women advertised they did this ... and had their children in Florida while staying at Trump hotels...

So, you are not breaking any laws - and GA cannot stop her from having her baby here.

She rented your place, you should let her do as she wishes with regards to her "family planning."