Hosting a private room – what are your tips?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hosting a private room – what are your tips?

Private Rooms.jpg

Hello everyone,

We’re looking for tips from hosts who list private-rooms. Many of you host guests in your home and hosting a shared space has its own set of challenges and things to think about, but there are also many rewards!

What are your top tips for hosting a private-room listing? Do provide certain items in your guest room? Perhaps you add extra information on what your guest can expect to your listing description?

We'd love to hear your input for an upcoming article. Thank you!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

105 Replies 105

@Stephanie1285  I also host a private room in my home, for 1 guest.They also have use of the kitchen and outdoor spaces. I get guests who stay anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. Most of the guests are out and about a good portion of the day, but they also spend time in their room, reading or napping or whatever, I have no idea. Some stay in their room a good portion of the day, only coming down to cook or make a bite to eat.  I get really lovely guests and haven't ever felt in any way nervous about them being here when I'm not home. They have keys to come and go as they please, and I also come and go as I please.

I don't have a lock on my bedroom door, but many shared-home hosts do. Perhaps that would allow you to feel more comfortable? Keep any of your valuables in there and lock it up when you go out.

I also have a dog and a cat, both of which are primarily outside animals. There has never been any problems regarding my guests and the animals. But if you want to ensure that the guests don't inadvertently let your pets out, I can understand that's a concern, and you'll just have to come up with some solution to that. Maybe a baby gate which contains the animals in some area if you don't have a yard?