Hosting an airbnb in Chattanooga, TN area

Yang12
Level 1
Chattanooga, TN

Hosting an airbnb in Chattanooga, TN area

I am a brand new here, this question probably is for all hosts in Chattanooga, TN. What is the policy here in Chattanooga? is there a permit I need to get? 

Sincerely,

4 Replies 4
Susan-And-Andy0
Level 2
Chattanooga, TN

well i am in the hixson area annexed into chattanooga i have ben successfully hosting for 6 mths, now the city of chattanooga that collects my property and airbnb taxes, yet they are shutting me down, apparently parts of this area can and parts cannot do short term rental it is called an overlay and if you are not in the overlay you cannot do it, I am currently trying to get with my city councilman a meeting to change the overlay or include my property at the very least, its through the land and develpoment office in chattanooga , where you can check if your property can or cannot legally do this, it does require a certificate from the city, the cost is minimal. if you find your self out of the overlay i would very much like to team up and get this resolved. airbnb has changed my life i love what i was doing , i feel like the life has ben sucked out of me and my lifestyle has taken a turn for the worse becase of this overlay issue.

Did you get this resolved? I’m facing the same issue 

Chip9
Level 2
Chattanooga, TN

We are just making our first listing. Does Airbnb add Chattanooga hotel tax & TN state tax to the price I list? Where do I add this tax in Airbnb? What is the % for Chatt hotel tax & state tax? Or do we have to get a separate check for taxes? Tx in advance........ 

Chip9
Level 2
Chattanooga, TN

Hi, Yang. I assume by now you know that Chattanooga City Council in July '17 passed a Short-term Rental Ordinance that requires a permit & certain fire/safety requirements, plus TN requires a business license. Both can be found & printed via Google search.