Hosting as a hotel

Benjamin777
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Hosting as a hotel

I have recently been working on creating an account for a boutique hotel and it has been quite the venture. At this point I have made the account, created 3 listings for 3 different room types and have connected them to my PMS system. We have received reservations and it appears to be working normally. The problem is that I do not know how to allow for multiple bookings for the same listing, so it seems as though we can only accept a single booking per night per listing when in fact we have many rooms of that same room type that we can sell. Do I need to duplicate each listing 10+ times in order for the system to allow for multiple bookings of that room type? Will that mess up the airbnb/PMS system connection? The duplication process takes nearly as long as creating a brand new room type so I would like to avoid this option if possible. 

2 Replies 2
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

Hi @Benjamin777 , your fears are realised. I suspect you will need to create individual accounts.

The Airbnb platform isn't designed for Hotels, so while you find it another way to reach customers, you probably have to accept the administrative downside but it's free advertising.

BTW, have a look at the account with the Blue kitchenette; it shows '0' beds. 

And, I was wondering why you are encouraging people to jump on the furniture?

Cheers, Charles

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Benjamin777 I do not know if Airbnb has special setting for hotels. In the "regular" world you can only have one room per listing, even if it is the same room type. You have to look at how your PMS system is set up. You might need to have each property mapped out with your PMS system separately. Have you tried to look up other hotels to see how they are set up? Do you think you will sell all 10 rooms through airbnb for a given night or would it make sense to start with a couple and see where it takes you?