Hosting construction workers in lockdown

Alison753
Level 2
Nantwich, United Kingdom

Hosting construction workers in lockdown

I am currently hosting some construction workers.  They are likely to want to book again during lockdown,  but AirBnB are planning to block the calendar.  How can I proceed and allow them to book through the site.  Ali 

5 Replies 5
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Alison753 I'm puzzled by this blocking the calendar thing... I got the email from Airbnb saying there will be temporary calendar blocks between 6 Nov & 2 Dec, but that guests staying 28+ days or  are legally exempt will still be allowed to book.... I did a test 'booking' on local listings & am still able to enter dates a day or two apart..... (I obviously didn't get as far as hitting the 'reserve' button, butno block on dates came up, like you get when failing to book 1 night on a place with a 2 night minimum.)

So, @Katie , @Nick  or other mods, could you please clarify what this all means? - How can a calendar block - if it yet appears, allow workers to book, but not holiday makers?

@Alison753 As regards your specific situation, I would make sure your current contractor guests have your personal email/phone, and arrange future private bookings off platform, if Airbnb somehow block this on platform, like they did during the first lockdown.  

Alison753
Level 2
Nantwich, United Kingdom

Thanks for your help. My guests have requested to stay for longer and are front line workers but unable to book due to the calendar block now on my listing. What a pain. I’ll have to direct them to my other agents but would have preferred to keep with Airbnb 😳

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alison753 @Helen350 I'd advice to get in touch with Support for this so they can unblock certain days from the calendar. 

Thanks

Nick 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you can’t just take them as a direct booking @Alison753 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alison753 If they are decent people why wouldn't you book them direct and save either them or both of you some money. And its not against Airbnb terms