Hosting family members

Daniel964
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Hosting family members

Hi,

I have a new listing - our family's flat. I am trying to get reviews, so if they are coming I might rather ask them to use Airbnb to get one. I am thinking paying the fee to Airbnb will be a good investment when I get a good review. In fact I would either send my earnings back to them or reduce price just for them to 1$.

I realise that I can with their help even fake these visits.

Is either of these practices concidered unfair by the community or Airbnb company?

Tell me what is your opinion.

Thank you,

Daniel

4 Replies 4

@Daniel964    As far as I know you can add "references" to your listing from people you know.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Daniel964, there is a minimum price, you can't rent for 1 $ nor 1$/day.

It's forbidden to get fake guest reviews, as indicated in the review guidelines. Funny, that you announce it on an airbnb forum 😉

So, follow the advice above and ask the family to leave you recommendations. That means: you send them links to join the service. They set up a profile and then write a recommendation. You get a notifications, that it is written. Then you have the choice to accept it or to refuse it, not to edit it (clear it with the writers before they send it).

If later any of your friends travels with the new profile, you both get travel credit.

If you are a new host but have some recommendations from different persons, who know the place, it helps for bookings too.

Kat17
Level 10
Boston, MA

Loved your rely, @Helga0@Daniel964, we all understand the eagerness to get good reviews, especially when you’re just starting out. But it’s really important to be honest and play by the rules. Do what most of us have done: lower your rate for the first handful of guests. Then give them a five -star experience and be sure to ask them to review as they’re checking out. Also, If they have anything that they could complain about, find out right away, right after they check in and address it. Don’t give them any opportunity to leave anything less than wonderful review.  At the same time, try to screen out your requests and weed out any potential bad guests before you let them book. Personally, I would stay away from instant bookings and make sure you have a say in who comes into your property. Best of luck to you!

Daniel964
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Thanks to everyone for their responses and helpful tips, I understand your message. 

I am already getting good reviews. It is not difficult when you commit yourself. : )

Airbnb is an honest community and that shouldn't be exploited.