Hosting group in Fort Myers Florida

Sky13
Level 10
United States

Hosting group in Fort Myers Florida

Hello,

I am a new host in Fort Myers Florida and would love to connect with other hosts here in the area! 

Please post here for local happenings, support, and friendship.

Thank you!

31 Replies 31
John1431
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

I am looking to connect as well.

Louise321
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

I am new to Airbnb. Need some moral support to get started

Rae43
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

I’ve just had my two first guest and it went well. I have two more bookings this weekend. I do feel though I’m under charging? Do you guys use the best pricing when you set your rate ?

Joanne337
Level 2
Niagara Falls, NY

Hi, I'm a host in NY and have family in Fort Myers. We have been vacationing there over 20 years and feel like it is a second home. I am looking into buying property, LOVE the historic district, for the purpose of Airbnb rental and eventually relocating, perhaps. I have heard there are restrictions regarding short term rental in Fort Myers, like 30 days required with the exception of certain areas. Anyone know about this? Thanks for any help!!

s Hello I am a host in fort myer

the laws vary depending on where you buy. An HOA community will have it own rules and regulation. Any property on fort Myers beach or Bonita beach has restrictions. A home though outside of those can be rented at owners discretion but if it is rented and the owner is not living on  property then your property taxes are much higher and you are not granted a homestead exemption on the property. Only full time year round residents get that exemption 

As far as the area you are looking for some are HOA and some are not so ask. Market is high here right now also I highly recommend waiting to purchase until after May has prices go way down for things not sold through season. 

Thank you

Joanne337
Level 2
Niagara Falls, NY

What would you hosts in Fort Myers consider your peak season?  How many months a year are you busy and when are you slow?  I am considering an Airbnb in Fort Myers but not sure.  thank you

I found Christmas break very busy. Still just getting started but I am hearing spring break is big 

I would guess anytime it is cold up north and when there is long holiday weekends plan on being booked

Rae, how long have you been renting in Fort Myers?

4 months now on a part time basis only as it is my primary home 

Roger306
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Hello  I have a 1000' six room condo on the Caloosahatchee River in a larger multiuse building.  I am leaving for several months on a project on the west coast and would like to offer my condo on AIRBNB.  I am looking for guidance on how to hire a co-host who would greet the guests and insure the cleaning crew properly cleans the condo after each use and in general, is there to respond to guest needs.  Is there anyone out there in the Fort Myers region who has any expereince with this and can provide me recommendations?  Is there a standard fee for this service, for example 10% of gross revenue?  I would be grateful for any comments.  Thank you.

Hello Roger, 

I know this was a while ago but I wanted to offer some assistance in the future if you need to leave for other projects I'd be happy to co host. I also have a cleaning company specifically for Airbnb's and Vacation Rentals. If you ever needed any help again I'd love the opportunity to help out!

Hey I just saw this. Do you still have the multiplex and are you Airbnb in it I’m looking to be a co host! 

Gabriela597
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi, I am new to this community. Excited to be a part of it!

Gabriela